cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Organiser - STWB_1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

In our project we like to using standard SAP testing tools / procedure. We have decided to go far Test Organisor

We are not using SOLMAN - its only the test organiser we are going to use

I have done few R&D on the same, creating a test catlog, test plan etc...

I have a fundamental doubt on this

1] Will it only document the test cases or

2] Through test organisor i can execute a transaction and test it.

Now coming back, i have done test catlog, test plan & test package and assigned to the user etc...

From STWB_1, i have created a test cases - but at this point i didnt use the CATT tab available - since its grid out. So i have created a test case as manual testing and selected a node and saved

With this iam sure - i cannot run the testing for a transaction

Can some one be pleased to help me out

Warm Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am not sure if got your question correctly or not.

Please find my reply below.

Using Test Organizer, you can create your own Test Plan & Test Packages.

There you can either provide manual or eCATT testcases. (eCATT will be autmated testcases).

2] Through test organisor i can execute a transaction and test it.

No idea about this. You can only execute the Transaction which are available in your Test Organizer (like STWB_WORK, STWB_1, STWB_2 etc).

For more details about Test Organizer, refer below provided URL :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a2/157235d0fa8742e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

I hope this will help.

Best Regards,

~Pradeep Bishnoi~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

I got the concept of Test catlog, Test plan and Test package

Now i want to create test cases - hope my understanding is correct

You mentioned somewhere as manual test process - if its manual - what should i do - should i create a test cases using STWB_1

I can create a test as mentioned above - in this case - how do i execute my transactions

or in other words - what is manual test case in this parlence stands for

Warm Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

You can create the Testcases in any Word Document editor (ex. Notepad, MS Word etc).

Once the test case is developed you need to attached this description to the testcase attribute.

To save an existing document, e.g. a Word document, as the test case description, create the test case as an External Application, and upload the document into the test case.

I hope this will be useful.

Best Regards,

~Pradeep Bishnoi~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

As you said, i have a test case (i.e. step by step) in a word document. Your asking me attach the same

If this is the case - it will act as a repositary of all the test cases

But what we are looking out is - if we use automatic - by using eCATT - we should record the testing - sot that system will automatically do testing

I was trying to do the above, the problem is i couldnt record by transaction using eCATT

Thankyou

Bala