cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control budget assignment across pojects (parent and child projects)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have one project with large numbers of wbs elements for that, i have split the project structure into different chilld projects.

there is one parent project where all budget value enter at root level wbs element. when i made the actual cost aganst the parent project the system shows assigned values against the top level wbs elenment. the problum arrise when i transfer the actual cost by primary or secondary cost element to the child projects, the assigned values in the parent project reduces with the same sender wbs element amount.

Is there any way the assignment remains in the root wbs elements either by any of the transaction reposting, allocation, settelment etc.

kindly help i will award points

regards

saqib usman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What if you set the child WBS elements as statistical & the parental as regular WBS elements? Then the statistical information would be stored on the child and the value would be kept on parent...I'm not even sure if this is possible to set it up this way. But maybe it's worth testing.

Cheers, Aleksandra

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 3 types of budget allocation

Original Budget - CJ30 / CJ32 (Release)

Supplement Budget (CJ36 / CJ37)

Return Budget (CJ35 / CJ38)

I think you can create the project with allocation of the fund in root level WBS and other level 1, 2, 3, etc WBS in the initial steps. Now when you allocation actual posting and some funds is there in other WBS then supplement / return will be helpful to address the business scenario.

Regards,

Uddhab

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone put light on the issue??????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear thankx for ur idea but it did not work. On WBS statistical it requires another true account assignment but when i give any of cost center / order again assign amount reduces.

kindly help to resolve the problum

regards

saqib usman