cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location control, storage location ref.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am new in WM,

Can anyone please explain me the *_Storage location control function_* and *Storage location ref* with the exmple in detail.

Go for this path if required:-

Spro-- log execution-- warehouse mang- interfaces inventory mang-- Define storage location control..

Please help me...

Abhinay Waikar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I;'ve used it for the following:

Standard inbound deliveries to be received in storage location 1000. After finishing the TO in WM, the material is transferred from SLOC 1000 to 1010. In the sales orders, 1010 is taken into account and 1000 is disregarded. I.e. stock in 1000 is not seen as available.

In this case available stock is indeed available, also in WM.

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, thank you for replying,

i also worked the same what u said, but is there any special requirement or reason why this has to be, can you explain by an example

thanks in advance..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue we had was that when using only 1 SLOC and putaway TO's were still open, the stock in those TO's were seen as available in SD. I.e. deliveries are created but during creation of TO, the stock in WM was not yet in the bin so the system cannot find the storage bin as the putaway TO was not yet confirmed.

By using the SLOC control, you dont have the issue as long as you have the right SLOC in the sales order (i.e. 1010).

MdZ