cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order quantity Must not exceed Purchase order quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My requirement is when i am creating a Purchase order giving referenece as Sales Order .. system must not allow the user to enter more than Sales order quantity.

Ex : Sales Order 1234

Material : AAAA

Quantity : 100

while creating a Purchase order for Mat AAAA giving reference of Sales order i.e 1234 and quantity 150 system must not allow user to enter more than sales order quantity . If user wants to create PO for 150 he must have to ammend the sales order from 100 to 150 is it possible.

Kindly do the needful

Regards

abhi

:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No possible answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhinav,

First of all, Purchase Order will get created with reference to Purchase requisition (T. Code: VOV7 --> Item Cat.: TAS --> Tab: Transaction Flow --> Field: Automatic PO Creation), and not with reference to Sales Order.

This is Purchase requisition, which gets created with reference to Sales Order; based upon settings in:

T. Code: VOV6 --> Schd. Line Cat.: CS

Order Type NB Purchase Requisition

Item Category 5 Third-party

Acct Assgt Cat. X All aux.acct.assgts.

Now, coming to your requirement (based up on my inputs),

My requirement is when i am creating a Purchase order giving referenece as Sales Order .. system must not allow the user to enter more than Sales order quantity.

To Restrict Purchase requisition quantity in PO, then in T. Code: OMCQ

Or, Path: SPRO > img > MM > Purchasing > Environment Data > Define Attributes of System Messages

Here make following messages as Error;

06 076 Materials of requisition & item & alr. ordered in full

06 254 Order quantity greater than requisition quantity

Now, in Purchase Requisition, if it is created for 100 qty (with ref. to Sales Order) and if you adopt the same in Purchase Order and try to change the qty to 150, then system will not allow you change and throws the error.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

My requirement is when i am creating PO in me21n and taking Document type as Domestic PO and giving account assignmnet as "C" Sales Order, must have to enter Material and quantity and must have to Give Sales Order number and item no in account assignmnet tab , the quantity i am entering in PO must not exceed my Sales Order quantity that is my requirement.

Regards

Abi