cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get description for node and items in WD ABAP - Tree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to dislay the description for all nodes & Items when creating a Tree. In normal ABAP we assign the relevative text and fill the node table & Item table.

But in the case of WD ABAP how it works.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Sanket sethi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refere WD application WDT_TREE. In this application, 2 attributes are taken as mt_folder_struc and mt_file_struc. These are of type TIHTTPNVP. While filling these tables, make sure to pass proper parent child node.

See methods, FILL_FILETABLE and FILL_FOLDERTABLE. field NAME corresponds to child key

and field VALUE corresponds to parent key. as these are of type STRING, you need to concatenate text description to code and accordingly fill the tables mt_folder_struc and mt_file_struc.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

refer to these examples

WDT_TREE,WDT_TREE_TABLE_BY_KEY

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I suggest that you read up on the Tree UI element - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/21/ad884118aa1709e10000000a155106/frameset.htm and that you also look at some of the sample applications - WDR_TEST_UI_ELEMENTS, and in the component WDR_TEST_EVENTS in the views TREE_*.

Generally if you have many levels to your tree, you would use Supply functions to populate the tree an only fill it as nodes are expanded. You could still fill an internal table with the entire hierarchy and only read from that internal table in the supply functions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw the demo programs and SAP help. Please suggest how it(Query) works.