cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make selection for 'map' field showup?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm defining ports in MDM 5.5 sp3. the selection field for map is empty, how to I make it show up? for example: I unarchived devlivered repository 'customer' repository, I need to define an inbound port for it. I assume I need to select some type of map file for the port. the 1st problem is that the map list is empty, the 2nd problem is that there are some many map files delivered by SAP, which we do I choose? do I need to define a port for each field? ex. 03_attribute_1.r3.map,

03_Account Groups_R3.map, etc.

Thanks

Jane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jane,

If the selection field for Maps is "Empty", that means you are not choosing the right value for "Client System".

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rajani

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

Let me approach the whole problem again.

Firstly you need to unarchive the repository and see the Client systems and Ports defined for various purposes.

Then you need to use the "ZMDME_EXTRACT_CUSTOMERS_552" to get all the check table values which would be populated into the supplied Lookup tables using the maps provided. For this you need to use the MDM client system to upload the data (dont use Ports here, use Import Manager directly or through Batch).

The other Client MDC R/3 may be used to load the "Customer-IDoc" XML which has a fixed structure (through an inbound port) and a corresponding map to it.

This map will only be available to you when you have all the source parameters like the Port definition, Client System name (MDC R/3),source XML file name, etc. defined for it in the Import Manager. Also make sure your IDoc XMLs are in the Ready folder of the Port directory.

If you do the above, you would have the map available in the Ports table definition in Console.

As regards your second problem, you need not define ports for all the fields. Use MDM client system and upload the data directly for Lookup table values as explained above.

Hope it solves your problem.

Regards

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

do you mean I need to import the map from import manager before I can see it in adm console? I thought it's the otherway around.

Thanks

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, maps are created and "saved" using the import manager. If you want to install a supplied map, use the IMPORT functionality in the File menu,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jane,

As mentioned by Rajani you need to check if you have selected the right client system corresponding to which the map is created and saved in your Import Manager.

Regards,

Pooja