cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement of customer project--without COPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru's,

We do not have COPA in place here...so how to settle our project.

please provide me any revlevant doc regarding settlement from the config as well as execution of settlement point of view.

I need to sit with my CO consultant.

My counter part CO Consultant has not worked with PS integration so he is not having idea about the settlement for projects....i need to make him understand.

Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can settle to cost centers as well.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if not using COPA I would settle to Sales Order Line item

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Period-End Closing for a Customer Project

Usage

In this IDES process, you carry out a month-end closing. To do this, you first post all period-based data on the project. You then determine the data relevant to Profitability Analysis (CO-PA) for the given period, and settle this data to CO-PA. You can evaluate the data either in the project information system, or in Profitability Analysis.

Prerequisites

This IDES process is based on the data from the process Make-to-Order Production of Elevators. You should carry out this process before you start the period-end closing .

Procedure

You can find the data for this process under .

1. Actual overhead rates

The system calculates the overhead and updates them in the project.

See also Determining Overhead Rates and Evaluating Project Data by Cost Element

2. Settlement generation

Before you carry out results analysis and settlement, you first need to have correctly maintained the settlement rule and the PA transfer structure. The system generates the relevant entries automatically when it generates the settlement rule.

See Generating the Settlement Rule and Checking the Settlement Rule.

3. Results analysis

The system determines by period the data relevant to results analysis, such as, work-in-process and inventory costs.

See Executing Results Analysis

4. Settlement

You settle the data from results analysis to the profitability segment. This means that the project data is now available to Controlling.

See Executing Settlement and Displaying Line Items.

REGARDS,

ANSAR

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can settle the costs of customer projects. You need to define the cost receivers in the settlement profile.

Generally costs for customer projects are settled to 'Profitability Segment'.

Regards,

ANSAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if you do not want to settle your Project cost to the Profitability segment.

check with your customer whether they want to settle to Cost Center. if that is the case. you have to maintain the cost center as reciever.

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Recommendations in Customer Projects

In customer projects, the actual costs are settled, but accrued amounts (such as costs of sales or inventory from which revenue can be generated) are not. You carry out this settlement at billing element level.

For customer projects which you settle in full to Profitability Analysis, it is a good idea to generate the settlement rule using a strategy defined in the IMG. The standard system we deliver includes a strategy for automatically generated settlement rules for customer projects.

The system uses this strategy to generate the following:

u2022 For all billing elements:

o Results analysis key

o Settlement to profitability segment

o A settlement profile providing for settlement in full

u2022 For all other WBS elements

o No results analysis key

o A settlement profile providing for no settlement

If account assignment elements within a billing structure do not contribute to the cost of sales, you can change the settlement rule manually.

If you maintain the settlement rule manually, we recommend you proceed as follows:

u2022 Use a project profile with a settlement profile that forbids settlement. This initially prevents settlement for all the WBS elements in the project.

u2022 Change the settlement profile in the billing elements manually. Define a settlement profile that permits settlement.

u2022 If you want to settle account assignment elements (in whole or in part), you must change the settlement profile for account assignment elements manually.

You change the settlement profile in the settlement rule for the object by choosing Goto  Settlement parameters. There is a parameter in the settlement profile which you can use to define whether settlement is forbidden, allowed, or required.

Avoid making settlements within the project hierarchy. These can adversely affect system performance.

For more information on settling customer projects, refer to Settlement in Product Cost Controlling .

Regards,

ANSAR