cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HA for MaxDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Currently we are planning to setup HA for the Content Server and MaxDB installed in the AIX5.X server. I am not so sure if I can just swing the related directories to the other HA node during failover. Is there any good way for CS and MaxDB HA. Any documentation for this? Please help.

Regards,

Li Bin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Li,

you may want to review note "952783 - FAQ: MaxDB high availability".

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your information!

I realise that SAP is not giving much support on Unix HA, even for documentation. Even for the Netweaver Portal HA on Unix, we need to read web articles or blogs to have some deeper understanding.

For MaxDB HA on Unix, I think i will try the failover option with virtual host setup. Hope it works. Gonna test it out this weekend.

Regards,

Li Bin

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I realise that SAP is not giving much support on Unix HA, even for documentation. Even for the Netweaver Portal HA on Unix, we need to read web articles or blogs to have some deeper understanding.

An HA setup is not something to "setup - next - next - finish". The official installation guides cover the differences between "normal" setups and HA setups. Since there are different methods of setting up a cluster the best for your environment should be discussed with IBM.

> For MaxDB HA on Unix, I think i will try the failover option with virtual host setup. Hope it works. Gonna test it out this weekend.

You can have a look at the Redbook http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg244498.html?Open

Markus