cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Billing due List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Created one sales order for one material with two different schedule lines, one is today's date and the second one is on 10.02.2009.And the system creates two delivery doc due to diff delivery date.The billing date is on 09.02.2009 for both the delivery docs.Now when i go to VF04 to do collective billing, the system shows both the delivery doc in the due list.But i am unable to combined these two del docs.When i try to simulate Processing Staus is saying Incorrect.

Pls suggest how can i do collective billing.

Regards

Debasish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debashish,

As you are combining two Delivery Documents, i.e.

Delivery 1 with Del. Date 09.02.2009, and

Delivery 2 with Del. Date 10.02.2009

Now, you wanna Single Invoice, for both the deliveries, with Invoice date as 09.02.2009.

You, will not able to generate Single Invoice, Because Invoice date must be, either as of the Delivery 2, or a later date than 10.02.2009.

Else, Invoice will split.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Yes i need one Single Invoice, for both the deliveries, with Invoice date as 09.02.2009.

I am unable to understand your comment on "You, will not able to generate Single Invoice, Because Invoice date must be, either as of the Delivery 2, or a later date than 10.02.2009."

I have checked in both the deliveries the billing date is on 09.02.2009.

Regards

Debasish

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The simple logic is that the scenario is Delivery related Billing, so you can not create an Invoice before doing the PGI. And as per your mail the second delivery was on 10th so the PGI must be on 10th or a later date. So as Amit said you can not make an Invoice on 9th.

Hope it will clear your doubt.

regards

AA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debashish,

I am sorry, as I was in to some other thoughts (at my work place), while reading/ replying your thread.

To your statement,

Created one sales order for one material with two different schedule lines, one is today's date and the second one is on 10.02.2009._And the system creates two delivery doc due to diff delivery date_.

So, what are the Delivery dates (Actual GI Date), in both the Delivery Documents?

In my opinion, it must be:

Delivery 1 with Del. Date 09.02.2009, and

Delivery 2 with Del. Date 10.02.2009

This is what, i referred, in my first post.

And, if this this the case, then Invoicing could be done, either on 10.02.2009 or a later date.

However, in your first post, you also mentioned:

When i try to simulate Processing Staus is saying Incorrect.

So, when this error appears, at Transaction: VF04 or VF01, go to:

Edit (menu-bar) --> Log

and see the detailed System Error-Log (also post the same, for our understanding)

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Delivery Doc 1-------Planned GI date is on 09.02.2009

Actual GI Date is on 09.02.2009

Delivery Doc 2----- Planned GI date is on 10.02.2009

Actual GI Date is on 09.02.2009

The error log is " The billing type could not be determined" .

Even i try to give the billing type in Simulation(VF01) is not generating

What could be the reason??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debashish,

To the Error:

The error log is " The billing type could not be determined" .

There are twoo necessary checks:

Check 1:

T. Code: VOV8

For your Sales Document Type (i.e. Sales Order), check whether,

Tab: Billing --> Field: Dlv-rel.billing type

Have you maintained "Billing Type"?

Check 2:

T. Code: VTFL

Copy-Control Settings are maintained in between Delivery-to-Billing, as maintained Delivery Type and Billing Type, in T. Code: VOV8

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

The scnario is like this -only one sales doc type is being used by the client.But with ref to this sales doc type one can create diff types of Invoice( sales office-wise). So it not possible to maintain in OVA8. But in copying control it is OK.

So my question is if we do not maintain default Billing type in VOV8 then cann't we do collective billing?

Regards

Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debashish,

Try with Non-maintenance (Keep the field Blank), for Default Billing Type in T. Code: VOV8.

But, Make sure, Copy Control Settings (i.e. T. Code: VTFL), must be maintained between Delivery Type (say, LF) and Billing Type (say, F2)

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

It's not working, if i keep this field blank in VOV8.Even i try to give the required billing doc type manually.

But we can do it in VF01, after giving the required billing doc.

Thanks

Debasish