cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Submit" action not working in Livecycle Designer 8.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have designed an Interactive form in WD ABAP. I have employee data fields to be filled in by the user. I have provided a Submit button on the form and defined an action for the Interactive form UI element OnSubmit event. But when the user clicks "Submit" on the form in Online interactive form, the method defined for the action is not getting triggerred. I am using Livecycle Designer 8.0. There are many categories of elements in this new version and the Submit button element is provided in more than one category. I tried all of them but none of them worked.

Any inputs regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Install adobe reader 7.1 (not higher version than this) on the client ie on the machine from where you are accessing the web page, and also check if the activex is installed correctly.

regards

akbar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi!

I have defined my form layout as ZCI and i tried Submit button from WD Native pallette. And the display type of UI element is set to 'Native'. But did not find any change.

and Runal I followed ur suggestion of changing the form type to Dynamic but of no use.

I am not sure if it has got something to do with the new version of LCD(8.0).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

May be script is not generating. Can you find the follwoing piece of code in your Submit button click event:

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");

Do one thing :

open your form from Tcode: SFP in change mode. And on top there is an option called Utilities.

Under that select "Insert Webdynpro Script". Activate your form.

Regards,

Ravi.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

That option is in Grey for my form

Former Member
0 Kudos

After going into SFP, then click Layout tab then only this option will be enabled. If your in Properties tab or Context Tab , this option will be disabled.

By the form r u using xml based form or ABAP based?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Apart fro the above solutions, which will most probably give you the solution, do also check if your form has been set to Dynamic Type.

You can check this from the following menu optionin Layout Tab.

Edit->Form Properties

This would display a window, navigate to the defaults tab, and from the drop down for XDP Preview Format change the format to "Acrobat 8 (Dynamic) XML form" if it's not already selected.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

In the webdynpro view where you have defined Interactive UI element there is a property called:

display type. There if you select type as native then in the form place the submit button from Library Webdynpro Native palete. same for if you select Active x then button should be from Webdynpro ActiveX.

And try to make your form layout as ZCL layout. You can find this option from Properties Tab of life cycle designer.

Pls. let me know if you still face the problem.

With Regards,

Ravi.D