cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to mobile device

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a strange problem with a mobile device. The user can't login to the device yet the users account is active and if you build a new device everything is fine again. The log file has the following error,

Received exception info code 0 and detailed message "Convertation Error on the middleware"

Execption info code 0 --> Server logon failed: User name or password is incorrect.

Anyone ever come across such a situation and were you able to resolve the issue,

regards,

Mark.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

Assuming that you are having MI 7.0 / 2.5 . Are the user files present in the device in the MI installation folder \ settings folder? For example <username>.uconfig.

Also if a PDA, the jscpout.txt directly under the My Device home folder should have a latest entry as MI client launched successfully.

Hope my post solves your question. Please mark the question as aswered if it does.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

many thanks for your suggestions. There is .uconfig file existing for this user. I've also had a look at the jscpout.txt file which has the following error within it,

NSIcom Ltd., CrEme(tm)

CrEme J2ME(tm)

CrEme V3.27 B097.100206 10-February-2006

MemoryLimit=38912Kb

EBCI(TM) Interpreter V1.00,

Copyright 1998-2002 by Bytecodes, Inc.

Do not use the MobileEngine classloader

Could not add com.sap.ip.me.core.ShutDownThread as a JVM ShutdownHook because Java version 1.1.8 does not support JVM shutdown hooks yet due to java.lang.NoSuchMethodException

-

Initialize framework ... Configuration initialized. Installation Base = /MI

Path settings adjusted

Timezone initialized; use timezone id 'GMT'

Trace initialized. Log is switched on.

Framework singletons initialized.

Gzip data compression configuration initialized.

Registry initialized.

MI OS installer lib (/MI/bin/NATSTART.DLL) loaded successfully.

Dlls loaded.

Timed Sync initialized.

Persistence initialized.

Smart Sync initialized.

CCMS initialized.

Agents initialized.

Communication server initialized.

SystemNews initialized.

-

Framework initialized.

-

Check if running inside installation server.

Installation toolkit parameters /MI/itool.properties not detected

Use normal startup: true

Starting tomcat. Check logs/tomcat.log for error messages

• MOBILE INFRASTRUCTURE 2.5 SUCCESSFULLY LAUNCHED **********

Client Installer Packages status updated.

• gfw_font.c can't find T2K.dll

================================================= ! ======================

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sap.mbs.core.naming.DefaultNamingService

at com.sap.mbs.mau.application.web.FrontServlet.destroyApplication()

at com.sap.ip.me.core.ApplicationManager.destroyAllRunningApplications()

at com.sap.ip.me.core.UserManagerImpl.logOutCurrentUser()

at com.sap.ip.me.apps.jsp.LoginServlet.doHandleEvent()

at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doGetThreadSafe()

at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.doGet()

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service()

at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.service()

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService()

at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service()

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service()

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService()

at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service()

at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt()

at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run()

at java.lang.Thread.run()

Client Installer Packages status updated.

================================================= ! ======================

any ideas as to what's going on here?

regards,

Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Mi supports Jdk 1.4 and higher versions.

and regarding the error message (class cast exception) please refer this link

and the basic reason of occuring this message is two different class files has the same name.even though you have placed those 2 different class in 2 different packages.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?ath=/display/mobile/runningmultipleapplicationfromMI+Client

regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

thanks for the reply. Followed the link you suggested and done a search for

java.lang.ClassCastException

but unfortunately the search returned no results,

regards,

Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

please refer this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/mobile/runningmultipleapplicationfromMI+Client

Regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

Do you have a test device? that is a spare PDA? If you have and MI is already installed, just replace the MI folder with this MI folder backup (make sure that creme is not running. This u can ensure by copying the CrEme shortcut to Windows ->Start Menu->Programs and restarting the pda. Now u can launch the CrEme (tomcat) manually from Start->Programs. Wait for some time and start the MI client using the Mobile Infrastructure shortcut.

If you dont have MI already installed on PDA, just install CreMe and MI cab and replace the MI folder and continue relatively as above.

Try to reproduce the error in the new test device (Try the username and password now). Check the contents of the new jscpout.txt, and different log files (the ones in MI folder).

Post your findings here.

Regards,

Veera

Also post the details of your MI Trace file(trace.txt)

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Feb 10, 2009 2:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

many thanks for the reply. I don't have a spare device at the moment to try out what you're suggesting, but is that not the same as rebuilding the device? As in you'd have to create the user again on the device and you'd lose the mobile id in the settings tab.

Just to correct my original post the user can login to the device, but when you do a sync you get this error message in the trace file,

[20090211 09:36:55:396] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** LOG / TRACE SWITCHED ON

[20090211 09:36:55:396] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Mobile Infrastructure Version: MI 25 SP 20 Patch 00 Build 200703222033

[20090211 09:36:55:396] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Current Timezone: GMT

[20090211 09:36:55:396] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Current Trace Level: 50

[20090211 09:40:47:269] E [MI/Sync ] Received exception info code 0 and detailed message "Convertation Error on the middleware"

[20090211 09:40:47:311] E [MI/Sync ] Execption info code 0 --> Server logon failed: User name or password is incorrect.

Like I said if you build a new device for the user then all is fine again. What I'd really like to know is how it happens as it doesn't happen to all users. Could it be something that the user is doing on the device that they shouldn't be doing?

regards,

Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

My directions will allow you to not rebuild a device but to recreate /replicate the error. Also, what synchronization password was he using in the original error device? Because let us take for example take the following condition:

User initially was using same logon / sync password. Then, he had changed only the logon password. Now if he tries using the new password for syncing (either by entering or by SSO), he will get logon failure, because the sync password in server still remains the same old password he had..

Other than a tricky situation like the above, or a mistyped password, I dont see a reason why somebody will get that error.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

many thanks for the reply. When we build a new device for this user it works perfectly well, sometimes even for a few months and then this problem shows up. This is the 3rd time that this has happened. We even had his accounts deleted and recreated in an attempt to stop this from happening but with no luck. I know what you're saying about the password being changed on the device but that isn't the case here. And like you said it's a very tricky one to solve as I have no idea how this can happen to one user consistently but to no one else. And also the user insists that they not doing anything unusual with the device which could potentially cause a problem.

We have 400 users here and he's the only one to have ever gotten this problem,

regards,

Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm resurrecting this thread as I'ts now happend to a further 5 users.

If anyone can even put forward some suggestions on what I might try in an attempt to discover how this could be happening.

To sum up what's happening. The user is working away no problem with their mobile device. Then all of a sudden the device won't sync anymore and the error message given is username and or password incorrect (which we know is not the case). Nothing can be done with the device to rectify this once it happens, except to rebuild it (which always works by the way, proving that their is nothing wrong with the users account),

regards,

Mark.

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suspect that the user would have consecutively tried sync multiple times with wrong password and hence the user account is locked on server.

Can you please check whether user is locked?

Regards

Rohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

As Rohith has suggessted it is that the user must have got locked due to incorrect logins more than 3 times.

BE --> Middleware --> Client

___RFC Password_

password

RFC - user and password if it has changed and youtr trying to access data with the old password then

it gets locked after 3 attempts.

with respect to the client login password might be different and the sync password can also be different

so if we try sync with the login password it might get locked after 3 attempts.

When you feel your not able to sync and get data, you can login to the server with a different user into transaction "su01" and unlock your user.

Thanks,

Swarba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'd like to continue the troubleshooting on this in Mark's absence.

If we take a step back; the user has logged into the MI application on their device using their username/password which is the same as their MI username & password. We can verify this by logging into MI (web console) on their behalf and they are not locked out. We can also rebuild a new device for the user and the error does not occur.

Assuming the device was built correctly, we have disabled the sync password by putting the following line in MobileEngine.config:

MobileEngine.Security.SynchronizationPasswordHandlingOption=local

So, there should be no differences between their application local password and sync password.

Would anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting this problem?

Thank you!

trace.txt

{

[20090601 23:28:38:900] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** LOG / TRACE SWITCHED ON

[20090601 23:28:38:900] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Mobile Infrastructure Version: MI 25 SP 20 Patch 00 Build 200703222033

[20090601 23:28:38:900] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Current Timezone: GMT

[20090601 23:28:38:900] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Current Trace Level: 50

[20090601 23:33:10:202] E [MI/Sync ] Received exception info code 0 and detailed message "Convertation Error on the middleware"

[20090601 23:33:10:253] E [MI/Sync ] Execption info code 0 --> Server logon failed: User name or password is incorrect.

[20090608 07:52:10:038] E [MI/Sync ] Received exception info code 0 and detailed message "Convertation Error on the middleware"

[20090608 07:52:10:049] E [MI/Sync ] Execption info code 0 --> Server logon failed: User name or password is incorrect.

}

And this is what we see on screen after the user syncs

{

Synchronisation started

Connection set up (without proxy) to: http://<host>:<port>/sap/ etc.

Successfully connected to server

Processing of inbound data began

Server logon failed: Username password incorrect

}