cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing ABAP software

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to install SAP software from external hard drive to desktop?

Which one is best through parental or secondary?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you please specify?

Which SAP software?

You might be in the wrong forum for your question.

Regards, Karsten

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to everybody:

Actually my question is

How to install ABAP software?

First i installes my software into HARD DRIVE in India. How to reinstall my ABAP software from HARD DRIVE to DESKTOP?Now i am in US.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

If you have already SAP software in a Hard Drive than you can use the cloning process to move the sap software to another hard drive.

Its similar to the copy process,but in case of the cloning you can directly work in SAP from your new hard drive.

I hope this will help you to solve your problem.

Thanks

Mrutyunjaya Tripathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam Syed Naseeruddin iam beginner in ABAP Development. In india i have completed ABAP programming course and i have practiced in india but i havent bought any software with me to usa. so i want to know how i can practice ABAP or where can i get the SAP ABAP software here in usa iam currently residing in chicago. i will be greatful to all of you if anyone of you can help me by mailing back the details.

thanking you,

yours friendly,

Syed Naseeruddin.

email-Naseeruddin_123@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naseeruddin

I suggest u to download Sap Netweaver Sneakpreview form sdn site. Its free to download and best practice for abap.

Check this link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads

i hope it helps u

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, subash chandra first of all,thanks for the help to download abap. i have downloaded sapnw2004abap, jsdk and adobe but i cant open it so i followed the instructions so it instructed me to get a hardware key from the system and than submit to the sdn.com site but i cant acquire the hardware key i tried for it but it didnt work. i am giving the details of the location of the files so with that can u help me what i have to enter in the command prompt path :- C:\NAMAN\SAP SO I MADE A DIRECTORY SAP AND DOWNLOADED EVERYTHING IN THIS FOLDER SO PLEASE CAN U HELP ME WITH GETTING THE HARDWARE KEY. I WILL BE THANKFUL ONCE AGAIN. THANKING YOU

YOURS FRIENDLY,

SYED NASEERUDDIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naseeruddin,

Do u have the Winrar.The file is in rar format so u must have to install winrar to unrar the file, i think u didnot have winrar, that's why u could not open the file. u can install winra from http://www.win-rar.com/

I hope it helps u

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SUBASH,

THANKS AGAIN FOR HELPING ME. HOW R U HOPE IAM NOT DISTURBING YOU LIKE I HAVE INSTALLED THE RAR FILE WHICH YOU TOLD ME BUT SAME PROBLEM IAM NOT GETTING HARWARE KEY. HOW TO GET THE HARDWARE KEY FROM THE COMMNAD PROMPT CAN U HELP ME WITH THAT. LIKE I HAVE STORED MY SAP IN

C:\NAMAN\SAP FOLDER SO CAN U TELL ME WHAT IS THE COMMAND I HAVE TO ENTER. I HAVE TRIED AS IT IS SAID.

1. Generate Hardware Key From Your Installation

Open a command prompt on the hardware where your NSP system is installed. Go into the directory NTI386 with the command:

cd c:\usr\sap\NSP\sys\exe\nuc\NTI386

and enter the command for the hardware key:

saplicense -get

The system responds with the hardware key.

SO CAN U HELP ME WITH THE HARDWARE KEY MAN.I AM SO MUCH THANKFUL TO YOU. THANKS

YOURS FRIENDLY

SYED NASEERUDDIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naseeruddin

Please follow the link .

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

u get a licence key guide, and a installation guide too.

it shows the process how to send this hardware key to sap for a license.

But tell me first oe thing. did u install the Sneak preview, because after installation we have to send the hardware key for 90 days license number.

but during installation it does not ask for any hardware key.

Regards

Subhash

What are the files which u download from sap, pls post the details

Former Member
0 Kudos

hye subash chandra,

i have downloaded all the softwares you requested.

1.SAPNW2004sSneakPreviewABAP

2.j2sdk-1_4_2_08-windows-i586-p

3.adobe arcobat 7.0

4.wrar351

i didnt got any problem in downloading this software but to get a license key i have to get the hardware key from the system which iam not getting it i tried so many times to get the hardware key from the command prompt so i need help for the hardware key can u help me with that please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naseeruddin,

I m not understanding u. did u installs Sap Netweaver Properly.Because the hardware key generated by system during installation period. so first tell me that did u install the Netweaver properly or not.

if u installed properly then execute transactions in this locations

C:\NAMAN\SAPFOLDER\usr\sap\NSP\sys\exe\nuc\NTI386 slicense -get

and follow the guide which i posted earlier

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

HYE SATISH CHANDRA

SORRY FOR DISTURBING YOU. CAN U GIVE ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER SO THAT I CAN CALL AND SO THAT U CAN SOLVE THE PROBLEM BY TELLING ME WHAT TO DO AND HOW PLZ OR ELSE YOU CAN CALL ME At 17735399215 thanks syed naseeruddin