cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI - huge IDOCs (about 120 MB plain) and X.400 Messages in EDIFACT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing actually a POC for a customer in High Tech Industry, who plans to use XI to send 120 MB (plain!)huge Idocs via the X.400 adapter of Seeburger as EDIFACT-Messages. I can't think, that is a good idea, especially not in a POC with a small sized machine doing it...

Is there anybody out there, who has ever done something like that before? What is your approach, normally "mass" processing shouldn't be done via XI, right?

Thanks in advance..

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@ Ravi:

- the message frequency is 3-5 messages a night, is plan - to build on XI 3.0..

@ all:

- Is there a Blog or a good posting for mass processing

within the XI Forum here, I haven't found yet?

- Is there a Blog or a advise for X.400 Interfaces,

experiences about monitoring an/ or quality of the meant Seeburger Adapter?

Thanks and regards..

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

thank you for helping me.. The job ist to show that a scenario like that could run on XI (on a POC machine - small sized!)

>Yes, we can run these messages in off peak times..

>Can we configure large queues to handle these messages?

Yes, we can do also this..

>Can we allocate priority queues for thes messages?

Yes, we can (we can configure XI as we want in the

limits of a "normal" POC-XI-machine)

I talked yesterday to someone, who has run XI since 3 years for a german bank, his approach was to split messages to a max. size of 20 MB(which isn't really sensefull in the business context the customer wants to run this interface, because of the sending via X.400)

Until now I have seen the Seeburger OFTP-Adapter and his BIC Adapter in another POC for Daimler Chrysler 1 year ago and I wasn't really convinced. Now working with this huge messages via the IDOC-Adapter and and an EDI-Adapter again, doing a JCO-Call for the Mapping-Step with a 120 MB Payload (?) makes me think.

How would you organize that, I just haven't enough experience to plan a scenario like that..

Please give me some advices..

Thank you in advance..

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Absolutely, spliiting the message into a 20MB message is definitely a good way of doing it.

Apart from the steps above, you can also look at the IDXP transaction for IDOC Message Packs. What is the frequency of these messages?

In the new version of the XI (PI 7.0), there are some enhancements made to increase the performance. Which version are planning to use?

Regards,f

Ravi

Note : Please reward the posts that help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the integration engine configuration you can set the runtime MAX_MESSAGE_TRANSFER_SIZE to 100 MB which is the maximum value.

You may want to use compression like gzip. This can be done in java or abap. If you don't want to transfer binary data in the pipeline, you can base64 encode it and wrap it up in xml. base64 encoding can be done in java or abap.

/Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

I guess you will have to come up with a strategy of running the interfaces specific for your requirements. Mass processing can very well be done with XI. However, we can consider several points before doing the same -

Can the interface run in off peak times?

Can we configure large queues to handle these messages?

Can we allocate priority queues for thes messages?

etc etc.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please reward the posts that help you,