Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM for MM/WM Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

good Morning.

I am from R/3 MM/WM back ground.I am interested in SCM.

Is it possible me to learn SCM?.If yes,where should i start from?Which is the best suited SCM module for my experience?

You are tips will be great help for me.

Thanks,

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shyam,

of course it is possible for you to learn SCM.

Because you are MM/WM consultant the EWM module of SCM is close to your knowledge. About EWM (Extended Warehouse Management) you can find more informations here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/5f/c69040bca2ef4ae10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

I would also suggest the module Advanced Planning and Optimization for checking.

SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization (SAP APO) offers a fully integrated pallet of functions that you use to plan and execute your supply chain processes. SAP APO supports the following:

- Business collaboration on a strategic, tactical, and operational planning level

- Co-operation between partners at all stages of the supply chain process; from order receipt, stock monitoring, through final shipping of the product

- Cultivation of customer and business partner relationships

- Constant optimization and evaluation of the supply chain networku2019s efficiency

Further informations you can find here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/7e/63fc37004d0a1ee10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

I hope I could help you.

Regards,

Tibor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tibor,

Thanks a lot for useful reply.I have rewarded points for you.

Can you please also tell me how useful is learning the EWM?

Thanks in advance,

Shyam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Learning EWM is very useful for your career builder. There are many projects for which the resource availability on EWM is rare. Hence you can go ahead and start learning EWM.

For effective learning of EWM, you need to understand the transportation philosphy in terms of business language, Learning SAP-WM prior to EWM will be an added advantage.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.