Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended classic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ppl,

I have two basic question:

What is the need of having extended classic scenario?

From a business perspective,in what scenarios will a company want the PO to be created in the SRM System, and the rest of the documents in the back end?Why cant they simply go for a classic then?

In a external punch-out catalog scenario,what is the configuration done in SRM?What will the vendor be responsible for?Will the vendor have a catalog for every customer separately?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAM,

2- Punch out :

Several posts have been discussed in this forum.

Basically, you need to configure the SRM catalogue call structure and be compliant with OCI definition.

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/97abb390-0201-0010-718f-d6a0d87cb26a">OCI</a>

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yann,

With regards to ECS,if the PO is created in SRM,there will be many info types missing(valuation class etc) that we would actually have in a PO that is created in R/3(CLASSIC).How does R/3 create GR to a PO created in SRM?

Also,regarding the punch out cataogs--am aware of the OCI compliancy.My doubt is from vendors point of view:

The vendor supplies the company with a URL (to catalog) for shopping.Will the supplier create catalogs for every other company(vendors customers)..or is there a better way?

Thanks a lot for your help.Will award you points.

Sam

p.s;- can you pass me the link to the functionality matrix of SRM vs R/3?I didnt find it when i searched.Thanks

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

ECS means that po is first created in SRm then duplicated in R/3.

Thus valuation class..applies in R/3 .

GR can occurs in R/3 or SRM.

If it is done in SRM, an idoc is sent to R/3 to create the GR.

Same rule applies for invoice (SRM or R/3)

Punch out : some supplier catalogue are public catalogue with no special price per customer. In this case, your R/3 or EBP contract can alter the public price due to special conditions.

Some other supplier catalogue have a specific view (and price conditions)by customer.

Kind regards,

Yann

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I forgot the documentation link.

on service.sap.com

quick links is SRM

If you cannot access, i can sent it to your email address.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot,Yann.I will award you full points.I do not have access right now.

My e-mail address is riverset05@yahoo.com

Could you plz pass me the doc link.

Thanks again.

Sam

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sent

Regards,

Yann

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

1- ECS vs classic

Scenario chosen by the customer are usually determined during blueprint phase based on customer requirements and constraints. Here are a non exhaustive list of questions :

- user acceptance : SRM user friendly interface or R/3 ?

- functionnality matrix of SRM vs R/3

- user tool : where are purchasing or recipient users going to work : SRM tool or R/3 ? does it depends on purchase category, on... ?

- What is the prefered purchasing channel : SRM or R/3 ?

- if multiple backend are connected to one SRM : do you need a single purchasing channel in SRM, and one connectivity channel for suppliers ?...

Kind regards,

Yann