cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Rebate Agrement linked to multiple company codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a question.Can you let me know on the rebate enhancements if any .I have a scenario where in have to create one Agreement type it can be any rebate agreement ...Customer Rebate ,material Rebate , Heirarchy rebate ..... which can be linked to multiple compnay codes.As per my understanding at the time of creating Rebate agreement it requires sales area data .If we supress that we can make a common Rebate agreement type. Can any one explain on this scenario...How can we go ahead

Kindly let me know if more information is required

Regards

AK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to know the business requirement

Thanks

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that in fact you could create one rebate agreement across payers and company codes (different company codes = different sales organizations), but probably this would only make sense if you you used Extended Rebate Processing.

After activating Extended Rebate you customize the VAKEY construction for S469 structure update so that the system knows, what are the actual values to settle. If you make sure that the rebate conditions in your agreement do not have the sales organization in the access sequence, then there should be no problem to determine those conditions in invoices across company codes. In fact what is important for rebate settlement is that the rebate condition assigned to the agreement is determined in the invoice, not that the sales organization or payer are the same.

Once the rebate conditions are determined in invoices, you must somehow settle the agreement. If you settle in one company code and to one payer only, then this is all you have to do - once the invoices have the conditions determined, settlement will see the values.

If you have to settle across company codes, you will have to introduce the sales organization in the variable key and assign it to sales organization field in the header of the credit memo (VBAK-VKORG). This should work.

I have never tested this particular scenarion, but I have done so many really strange things with extended rebate that I really think it should work. Just remember - the key is that your rebate conditions are determined in the relevant invoices (easiest to achieve by eliminating sales organization from access sequence). If the value is there, you should always find a way to settle (if standard customizing of extended rebates cannot do it, you always have the last option - RBT_ENH_BADI_SETTLE).

If you are successful, let me know - I would really like to know if this scenario is possible as well.

regards

Krzysztof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krzysztof,

Thanks for sharing such a useful information.

Further to your explanantion.I have few doubts

As per my understanding for maintaining 1 Rebate Agreement and sharing it with different company codes is possible by following method

1 We are working on making Sales area filed as optional in vbo1 screen.

1. While putting Agreement type  Press Enter (Sales area filed pops up) we are making it optional and not a mandatory requirement.

2. In second screen we put the customer number and click on condition were again we get sales area which is mandatory filed we are making it optional again.

By making sales area as optional entry we can save the Rebate agreement without sales area for a particular Customer Material combination.

Kindly let me know whether this will work. If not then what extra steps I need to follow

Does extended Rebate activation is required after making Sales Area optional in Maintianing Rebate Agreement Type.

Now I need to understand how extended rebate will come and how to configure it u2026If possible can you provide me steps on this?

Activate Extended Rebate  Can you let me know what step we need to follow for maintaining it

Regards

Ashwani Khosla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the problem is you cannot eliminate the obligatory sales area in rebate agreement creation (VBO1 transaction). Sure you could achieve this with a modification of SAP standard, or perhaps make a copy of the VBO1 transaction and eliminate the obligatory setting in the copy, but I would not recommend this approach - after all if you run into any unwanted side effects, you are on your own.

The thing is - the sales area in the rebate agreement is important for REBATE SETTLEMENT, not for sales volume collection. All invoices are included in the sales volume, in which the rebate conditions from the agreement have been determined. This is why I suggested trying to just eliminate the sales area from the access sequence.

If you settle the whole agreement in one company code (sales area), this should work. Only if you also want to settle it accross company codes (for example to each payer/company code proportionally to their participation in the sales volume, but with one scale basis - total for all company codes), you need extended rebate.

I think the process of activating it should be in SAP Help. Normally you import a BC set (part of best practises baseline package), or activate EA-CP (consumer products) extension in SAP ERP. The result is some additional settings in the SD-BIL configuration.

regards

Krzysztof

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot combine multiple company codes in one rebate agreement.