Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Partner Function in WBS authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Considering the following scenario:

" I have a few users, User A, B and C who are all authorized users to the various project system functionalities. However, I would like to set up authorization in such a manner that each project/ WBS elements can only be changed/ viewed by its creator and users nominated via partner functions.

For example, if user A creates a project,, users B and C will not be able to access the project unless user A enters one of their IDs under one of the partner functions."

Is the above scenario, or anything similar, possible under standard customizing/ authorization settings?

Many thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The steps are as below:

Project system->Structure-> Operative Structure-> WBS-> Define Partner Determination Procedure and Roles->

Slect "Define Partner Determination Procedures and Partner Roles"

Choose the partner function and click "Partner functions in Procedure".

(Txn:OPSPAR3)

Here you can make the desired partner function mandatory.

Please refere this post. mostly will stisfy your req.

Regards

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Patoliya on Feb 9, 2009 10:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once I have set up the partner functions, are there any additional steps required for the target authorization behavior to be established?

Thanks,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel Koh wrote:

Once I have set up the partner functions, are there any additional steps required for the target authorization behavior to be established?

Thanks,

Daniel

Yes, it is requiered to apply the OSS note OSS 638781.

With this note, you'll be set authorization for each partner function.  The note 638781 provide the following Tcode "ZWPS_AUTH_1" in order to define authorization for the partner function.

Regards

Ibrahim NIANGADO

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Please check folllowing in Customizing

SPRO-Project System-Structures-Operative Structures-Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) - Define Partner Determination Procedures and Roles

Regards

Tushar