cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Dynamic attributes for XI adapter to use in Dynamic Configuration ..!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are planning send message to different receivers through XI adapter by using Dynamic Configuration.

Can anyone please tell me what are the dynamic attributes used for XI adapter.

In my scenario, I want to pass the Service Number and Path prefix of XI adpater dynamically by using sender ID from Idoc payload.

I know how to use the dynamic configuration UDF in message mapping. But I don't know the dynamic attributes which we can pass to Service Number and Path prefix of XI adpater.

Kindly suggest ..

Thanks

Deepthi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There were no dynamic attributes defined for XI adapter. We need to use SOAP Axis adapter to perform these additional operations.

Thanks to michal krawczyk for providing th answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi

Few adapter supports specific message attribute that contains additional information about message.You need to set these attributes explicitly in the adapter configuration..

attributeName: Name of the attribute. Has to be unique for one entity service

entityName:Name of the entity the dynamic attribute is assigned to.

attributeLabel: Language dependent display text for the dynamic attribute.

attributeDescription:Description of the dynamic attribute for documentation purposes.

attributeType:Reference to entity that holds the simple type information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

>> You need to set these attributes explicitly in the adapter configuration..

Can you please elaborate on this like how to implement this? Do we need to use any module configuration in the adapter?

We will use XI adapter only while sending the data directly from IE without using any feautures of AE (like adapters, modules etc). It is like directly sending data from ABAP stack without using J2EE stack. That is the reason we can't use any Modules in XI adpater and it is in disabled by default.

When I checked in SXMB_MONI.. as you said details are found in

-

- <SAP:Attribute>

<SAP:Name>host</SAP:Name>

<SAP:Value>10.190.25.16</SAP:Value>

</SAP:Attribute>

<SAP:Name>httpDestination</SAP:Name>

<SAP:Value />

<SAP:Name>path</SAP:Name>

<SAP:Value>/rcvA/receiver</SAP:Value>

<SAP:Name>port</SAP:Name>

<SAP:Value>8210</SAP:Value>

-

XI adapter uses mainly three parameters Host, Port and Path.

I want to pass any two of these values dynamically to achieve my solution. Can you please suggest your solution how we can implement it.

-Deepthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi

I am not sure how you will configure dynamic attributes without using modules in the adapter.

I think you can get some insight from this link

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/09/xi-dynamic-configuration-in-adapter-modules--one-step-further

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the directory, receiver determination step, click on condition, select xpath expression for the first argument and look at system variable. You will see the namespace and variable names there for all the adapters.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Thanks for the reply.

I couldn't able to see anything for the XI adapter. Do we don't have the option for XI adapter.. any idea?

Thanks

Deepthi