cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using BOM for packing purposes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to use a BOM for packing purposes only? That is not to explode it in a sales order but further along the process (delivery/packing?)

Thanks,

Stas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Stas,

you could include the packaging materials in the production BOM. This way you consume the packaging materials in the production process and as a result you get the packed product. The solution requires the production module to be used.

Regards,

Barbara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is not including packaging material / consumption.

I'd like to be able to pack product components in separate "boxes" without exploding the BOM in sales order.

Regards,

Stas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stas,

if you want to give packaging information in the sales order, you can create a packaging proposal

in the sales order (Extras->Packaging Proposal) with the relevant packaging information (creating handling units) in the sales order which can then be copied into the delivery.

See here: [Packaging Proposal|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/38/c1853488601e33e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe i can explain myself better with an example:

I'm selling a material SYS1. When it's shipped it's disassembled and packed in 3 boxes.

1st box contains parts: SYS1_01, SYS1_02, SYS1_03

2nd box contains parts: SYS1_04, SYS1_05, SYS1_06

3rd box contains parts: parts: SYS1_07, SYS1_08, SYS1_09

Is there a way to build a BOM for SYS1 consisting of these 9 parts,

BUT!

Not to explode it in a sales order . I need the components to be available for packing purposes only.

Thanks,

Stas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know if you find a solution for your requirement.

We too have a similar requirement.

thanks

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

similar requirment . Any one has idea? Thanks .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

please look into "handling unit management". instead of BOM, you will be using Packing Instructions to specify packaging material and material to be packed.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

VolkerLe
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.