cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Down Payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question regarding customer down payment process, is it possible to do a down payment without knowing the materials. My client needs to be able to request a down payment amount, however, at the time of the request the materials to be ordered are unknown. Any suggestion or guidance with this will be very helpful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all welcome to SDN forum

But if you want to map then make sure that you are maintaining the downpayment for all materials then it is possible.Then if your client needs request as a downpayment then once you create a sales order for the customer then send the output to the customer and in that output make sure you are not showing any materials names , you are only telling that customer has to pay 15% of total amount and show that 15% amount in the output .

Now raise the downpayment request and forward it to FI and once the amount is received then you can do delivery and PGI of that sales order

Now coming to the downpayment process .Without knowing the material why the customer should pay the downpayment. to the company. Generally it wont happen like that

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Sri Nath for the quick response, Yes I agree but it is an unusual situation where the down payment amount requested is based on the previous order value basis so for the new order at the time of the down payment request the exact materials that will be ordered is unknown. I was just trying to find if there is any solution that allows you to do down payment request independent of the item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Sri Nath for the quick response, Yes I agree but it is an unusual situation where the down payment amount requested is based on the previous order value basis so for the new order at the time of the down payment request the exact materials that will be ordered is unknown. I was just trying to find if there is any solution that allows you to do down payment request independent of the item.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to configure downpayment for a line item then check the item category of that line item and maintain billing plan for that item category in VOV7 .Then you can do downpayment for that line item only

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps, my question is unclear...my company wants to create a down payment request of 50% to the customer, however at the time of the order the materials to be ordered are not known. I was thinking of creating a generic material to satisfy the business requirement, however that will create a problem later. This is going to be an order related billing. I used this link for help for my downpayment configuration

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/EN/dd/56163b545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

On their I read this note: If the down payment agreement is independent of the item, you have to create an additional sales order item for the agreement. The billing plan created for this item only contains deadlines for down payments. It can only be used for order-related billing and not for delivery-related billing.- I don't understand exactly what this means- perhaps you can shed some light.

Again Thank You for the answers

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend

In general the the item category will be different and the billing relevance will be Order related billing only .

Check the configuration of the downpayment then it would give you more clarity

[https://forums.sdn.sap.com/post!reply.jspa?messageID=5084683&useDraft=true]

Regards

Srinath

Answers (0)