Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long2lob off-line due very large table

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possibile convert LONG RAW to LOB in off-line mode due a very large table ? (in my case SOC3) ... it is in a tablespace with not enough free space.

So in one step this table is converted and reorged ... is it true ?

This box was a R/3 4.6C upgraded to ECC 6.0 in Solaris 10 + Oracle 10.2.0.4

Regards.

Ganimede Dignan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

simply check SAP note 646681 about long2lob conversion. this must be done offline but will do the trick.

good luck.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ganimede,

if you have upgraded from 4.6C to ECC 6.0 , then you have also performed a unicode migration right?

In this case you have already performed an implicit conversion from LONG to LOB (it is done by R3load).

You can check this on DB level

shell> sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL> desc <SAP_SCHEMA>.<TABLE>

If not just check sapnote #646681, it describes all possibilities.

I have never traced how sap performs the LONG to LOB conversion, i know 4 ways howto perform such a conversion manually.. but you should go for the supported way with the BR*Tools if you don't really know.

Regards

Stefan

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>if you have upgraded from 4.6C to ECC 6.0 , then you have also performed a unicode migration right?

No Unicode convertion, database is ASCII coding.

Bye.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok so it depends on your system details if you have to use unicode (sapnote #73606)

• With SAP NetWeaver 2004s support for existing MDMP systems is stopped. SAP systems with more than one system code page and/or with Blended Code pages must be converted to Unicode using reliable tools delivered by SAP

• Non-Unicode Single Code Page upgrades to SAP_BASIS 7.00 and higher are not recommended but currently still possible.

What is yours?

But as i already told you, you can use R3load to do it "offline".

Regards

Stefan