cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom workflow with event to monitor a Ztable and display status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are implementing SRM5 with ECC 6. We have a business scenario where, a SC cart goes through the buyer approval, then wait for the information from legacy system for some information/status of materials. this legacy system in not available either by RFC or webservices, so we decided to get the status of material via flat file and store in SRM in a ZTable. this ztable will have the SC # and material # and relative status, and now we are planning to develop the workflow step to read ztable every hour and display the status of the material in the workflow step.

Can you please help me how to define this in workflow and what needs to defined and what are the issues whcih needs to addressed

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about using "Wait Event" in workflow side. Scheduled background job checks Z table and creates a event. Workflow continues after receiving the event.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are already planning to use " Wait Event". But one of the requriment is to display the status not just as waiting, but as the status gets updated in Ztable. Once if the particular status is reached we want to proceed to the next step.

The idea is - if the endusers, check the SC, he/she should know at what status(ZTABLE Status) the SC is at any given point of time.

Is it possible to define a parameter or something in the wait step and pass a value from the Ztable, and display it in the workflow table or graphic. Please help me to define this and give a direction for the developer.

Vijay

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You can create a step in workflow that makes a call to a BO method. In the method query the Ztable and fetch the status. Add a Condition step to check if the particular status is reached, if yes, then proceed with the workflow else do the needful.

You can also trigger different event for the particular status that you are looking for. It depends on the approach you need to follow.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Saumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am wondering whether this step can be displayed graphically in the shopping cart with the status update from Z table along with few other information from the same table. We want to show or display the status from the ztable in the bubble of the workflow inside the shopping cart.

We want to communicate or dispay the latest status in the grapical form in the workflow

Thanks for your help in advance

Vijay

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Could you please elaborate as to how you want the status to be displayed?

I was nto able to understand what exactly you meant by graphical display.

Regards,

Saumya