cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS Configuration......Print Preview not coming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done the required ADS configuration as per the document, but when i test the report FP_TEST_00 print preview is not coming ,,its going in processing state. but the report FP_PDF_TEST_00 is successfully running.

From transaction SFP when I tried to create a form ,I can see the PDF Preview but Print Priview is again not coming.

Pls help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

we too faced this problem recently & note 915399 was helpful for us.

IPlease make sure the entry FP_ICF_DATA_<SID> is exist and it has correct entry.

Please check the note #915399.

Please makesure you have correct entry in visual administrator under HTTP in FP_ICF_DATA_<SID>.

if you are still not able to do so please paste the error which you are getting.

Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant ,

Check Note [944221|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=944221]

Check that you have specified requirement for printers.

1>you require a PCL-Postscript printer or a ZPL printer and you must use a corresponding device type

2>You cannot use a printer with the SAPWIN/SWIN device type. etc.

And also check Note [685571|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=685571]

Hope this will help...

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for ur reply ......Today when I checked the "FP_TEST_00" I got this message at the bottom of the screen "ADS:Request start time: Sun Feb 08 13:52:34 GMT+05"30(200101)" but when I checked it second time ,its again going in processing state.

We have already checked checked the mentioned notes.

Pls guide to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I checked the port number from SMICM and found that for HTTP its 8000 so I tested the link http://localhostname:8000/sap/bc/fp/form/layout/fp_test_00.xdp. This service is successfully running.

But when I am testing the FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE ...its not giving me any output.

I have to close this issue..pls help

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What's your Adobe Reader Version. I guess it shd be more than 7.9.

Cheers

Deepu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

When I runned the report FP_PDF_TEST_00 I got " 705.20060620101936.310918" as output.

Pls let me know if its correct or not.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you checked this [Thread for ADS|;

Check if you have to the same as James did ....

I decided to install the latest patches for ADS. Afterwards I had a different problem but resolved it by adding the missing "-Dorg.omg.PortableInterceptor.ORBInitializerClass.com.sap.engine.services.ts.jts.ots.PortableInterceptor.JTSInitializer" entry in the Java Start Up.

Also as per Note [944221|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=944221]

Refer point 4.X and below...

It indicates to check the Destination service...

May be this [SAP Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/44/63eefb818c311ee10000000a155369/content.htm] could be helpful....

I guess...

As a final solution ... Try applying latest patches for ADS - Probably 7.9...

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I belive, its right.

You did not confirm me your Adobe Reader Version ?. From the one you have said i am not able to make out.

Cheers

Deepu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Current version is "705.20060620101936.310918" .Please let me know how to upgrade this.

I think we are very close to reslove this issue.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On Windows, Please go to start --> program -- Acrobat Reader --> help ---> about Acorbat Reader.

what version.

if it is less than 7.9 then download and upgrade to more than 7.9.

Cheers

deepu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

I upgraded the Adobe Reader Version from 7.0 to 8.0 but still I am getting the same output " 705.20060620101936.310918" after running the report FP_PDF_TEST_00.

Pls suggest

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever I am adding Dorg.omg.PortableInterceptor.ORBInitializerClass.com.sap.engine. services.ts.jts.ots.PortableInterceptor.JTSInitializer parameter in configtool ....my j2ee server is not coming up. what could be the reason behind this?

This is the 1st step for the ADS configuration.......rest settings are already completed.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume your java stack is working, Then check whether you have maintained the http destination.

If not maintain the destination using the Visual admin.

Minimum your java stack should be at SP13 to use ADS.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have checked our system we are currently running on SP9, so do we need to upgrade it to SP13 level?

Is it possible to download only ADS related patch from Service Market Place ,we don't want to touch other components becoz if we go for full SP upgrade all components will get updated.

Pls suggest

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can update the ADS patch level but always you should go for full stack update.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have applied ADS SP14 Patch now I am getting these results-:

FP_PDF_TEST_00

Test Program: Version Information (for Analysis Only)

Version Information: 800.20070708051308.406522

FP_TEST_00

ADS: com.adobe.ProcessingException: Problem accessing d(200101)

Meldungsnr. FPRUNX001

When I am putting the parameter

-Dorg.omg.PortableInterceptor.ORBInitializerClass.com.sap.engine. services.ts.jts.ots.PortableInterceptor.JTSInitializer

in Visual Administrator (Select Cluster data u2192 instance_<IDxxxx> u2192 server_<IDxxxx>.)

After restarting the server system is not coming up and as I removed this parameter server is working fine again.

Pls help

Regards,

Prashant

Edited by: Prashant Shukla on Mar 7, 2009 8:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a gap" " in the parameter after ORBInitializerClass.com.sap.engine. services.ts.jts.ots after removing the same issue got resolved.

Regards,

Prashant