cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC import error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to import IDOC into XI (Design) and getting following error:

com.sap.aii.ibrep.sbeans.upload.RemoteUploadException: Documentation DE.PSTLZ | urn:sap-com:document:sap:docu is already locked in another change list by user xxxxx

We are two users here trying to do the same thing. Other user has successfully imported a idoc and even after activating it, there is a icon before idoc type suggesting that it is NOT active and hence if I try to import another IDOC which uses a data element shared by the two IDOCs, it is giving me the error.

Basis did try to clear the cache and he sees no locks by the above user.

What could be the problem ?

-thanks

BJS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaven,

Go to your change list tab and check the objects listed for this IDoc by all users. It looks like some of the objects in this import have been locked by another user. You can also ask the other user to activate all the objects for this Idoc in his changelist.

Especially look for the object "DE.PSTLZ".

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can try using SXMB_IFR _> tools -> loog for locks tab on left, u will see entries for the object, and delete, and re-try

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all of you. Problem solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaven,

From what you have specified, it is very clear that you both are using the same software component version….what you can do is…

- both of you create 2 different name spaces

- Then let only one person import the IDOC and then activate it.

- Then both of you can use it.

- Or create another version of the same software component and both of you can import the IDOCs as u want now.

i hope i have cleared your doubt.

Regards,

abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Yes same SWCV but diff idoc types.

Also when I try to delete it, it still says 'locked by another user' bcos he has deleted and then activated it, so he does not see that idoc type but I still see same the idoc type though it was deleted by him.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaven,

since your using different IDOC types, it should not be an issue...but both of you should create 2 different name spaces...

and about your doubt regarding why the IDOC is seen by you though it is deleted, the reason is that even after deleting you need to go to the change list and activate the object that you have deleted.Then it will not be seen.

Regards,

abhy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also try to delete the Inactive IDOC and reimport the IDOC.

REgards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaven,

Are you trying to import the IDOC into the same SWCV?? Then it might cause problems.

Regards,

Bhavesh