cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order is creating without stock checking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

I created two material. For item 1 i create stock 2 (/nMBIC) and for item 2 i did not create any stock. But when i create sales order for both the item in same sales order, it alowing me. System suppose to check stock first whether i have sufficient stock or not. Not only this system allowing outboud delivery also. where i should check in the configuration for stock checking.

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The delivery dates are created in the schedule lines of the sales order items based on the Scheduling(backward/forward) considering different lead times along with RLT (replenishment lead time). System allows us to create the delivery if the schedule lines are due for delivery. Though the delivery is created, if the stock is not available...you cannot do picking(if item is relevant for picking) and PGI.

Please try to do PGI for this delivery.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

I can do picking but system not allowing me to do PGI, you are correct but my problem still not solved. I did the following

After entering T.code OVZ9, first i select combination 01 Daily requirement A Sales Order and then click on display. Field check without RLT was not checked in in the replenishment lead time, I CHECKED IN and save.

After doing this when i create sales order After entering required field as soon as I click on enter on green button on top left. Another screen open. Standard order: Availability control. It tool bar 4 buttons - Continue, ATP quantities, scope of check and other plant. AND other fields. When i click on continue button, it goes thru and i cane save order.

Again now i select another combination 01 Daily requirement B SD delivery in T.Code OVZ9, Field check without RLT was not checked in in the replenishment lead time, I CHECKED IN and save.

After that when i create new sales order, system allow me to save sales order.

In both the case system didn't check the stock. My problem is not fixed. ( with this problem in delivery i can do picking but PGI can not be done.

Thanks

Raj

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whether stock is avialble or not, you can always save the sales order. It is standard SAP functionality.

The question is how the line item is confirmed at schedule line level.

If the schedule line is confirmed with the quantity, then the system indicates that certain quantity is or will be available on that date. As mentioned earlier, you may need to check master data.

You need to check in transaction MMBE for available stock. You mentioned that you have added stock in MB1C for one material and not for the other. There might be already some stocks, which you can check in MMBE.

Regards,

Shiva

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh

What i posted initially and your subsequent post (after making changes and observation) and Mr Shiva Ram's post all are perfect

Case1

What i mean if the check without RLT is ticked in OVZ9 the sales order will get saved but delivery will not happen as you can check the confirmed quantities in the schedule line will be zero

By any of the standard configuration you cannot avoid sales order being saved

It (sales order) will get saved but delivery cant happen or delivery will not happen

Case2

If the check without RLT is not ticked in OVZ9 the sales order will get saved but delivery will happen picking also can happen but it will hit you in PGI

Without unrestricted stocks being available in case 2 PGI wont happen

The difference between case 1 and case 2 is in case 1 delivery will get hit and in case 2 pgi will get hit

Checking rule A is SD sales order and checking group 01 is daily requirements (what we give in MMR in sales general plant data and also MRP data)

Checking rule is transaction based like A that is SD sales and B that is SD delivery is etc

This means when you make sales order that is VA01 transaction the system performs availablity check based on the controls given for the combination A and 01 in OVAZ

This means when you make Delivery that is VL01 transaction the system performs availablity check based on the controls given for the combination B and 01 in OVAZ

Your statement i made a availablity check of the combination B and 01 (daily requirements) another the sales order and it is getting saved, doesnt make any sense

That combination is picked for checking availability in VL01 transaction only by the system internally

System behaviour is perfect You cant avoid sales order being saved in any of these cases

Regards

raja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the process of Scheduling (backward or forward) to determine the delivery dates in the schedule lines of the item....the system considers different lead times like pick/pack time, loading time, transit time etc., and also RLT if configured in OVZ9. If RLT is not considered, the system assumes that the stock will be available always. If RLT is considered, say 2 days, the system assumes that the stock will be procured/produced in 2 days. If the stock is not made available in 2 days...it is not the fault of the sales department, but because of the production or purchasing department and ultimately we cannot do PGI..ie., we cannot send the goods out of our plant.

In your case, the PGI cannot be done until the stock is posted in the plant. I am surprised to know that you are allowed to do picking without any stock in the plant. Please post the stock using the Tcode MB1C and the movement type 561 and then try to do the PGI.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I completely agreed with Raja and he had already answered your doubt. Now you can close your Doubt.

Bharat B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat

Now i am also agree with Raja, and understood the problem. It is solved now.

Thank you very much

Raj

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh

This is quiet possible

In t code OVZ9 there is a field called (check box) check without RLT (replinishment lead time)

If you make a tick there delivery will not happen without stocks

If the same is checked then system is checking with RLT time and the RLT time we will mention in the MRP data of the material master and i think it is maintained blank so the system assumes that at the end of ZERO days the stocks are available and hence it confirms the schedule lines in sales order and delivery and it will hit you in PGI

RLT time is maintained in the MRP data of material master (right now i dont have access to SAP so i could not exactly tell whether view of the MRP data right now but if my guesss is right it is in either MRP2 or MRP3)

Even though you are creating delivery you cannot do PGI

This is what is happening to you

Pls make a tick in check without RLT time in OVZ9 and see you cant create delivery without loading stocks in MB1C you can test it

or otherwise

Dont make a tick in check without RLT time in OVZ9 maintain RLT time in MMR as 2 days then test it by creating a sales order

You will get a popup that delivery for that material is possible after 2 days only while creating the order itself

You can test it

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

After entering T.code OVZ9, first i select combination 01 Daily requirement A Sales Order and then click on display. Field check without RLT was not checked in in the replenishment lead time, I CHECKED IN and save.

After doing this when i create sales order After entering required field as soon as I click on enter on green button on top left. Another screen open. Standard order: Availability control. It tool bar 4 buttons - Continue, ATP quantities, scope of check and other plant. AND other fields. When i click on continue button, it goes thru and i cane save order.

Again now i select another combination 01 Daily requirement B SD delivery in T.Code OVZ9, Field check without RLT was not checked in in the replenishment lead time, I CHECKED IN and save.

After that when i create new sales order, system allow me to save sales order.

In both the case system didn't check the stock. My problem is not fixed. ( with this problem in delivery i can do picking but PGI can not be done.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

Now problem is solved.

T.Code OVZ9, first i select 01 Daily requirement B SD Delivery then Ticked the Without RLT in replenishment lead time. After that allow to save sales order but when create delivery VL01n indelivery document at itom level Dilivery quantity column and pick quantity column come blank, when i enter order value manually which should automatically OR i do not enter any value and try to save delivery, system not allowing me to save and giving error message "only 0 EA of material ABC available".

It mean i can not create delivery without stock. My purpose is solved. After that i create some stock MB1C then i create delivery, it was saved.

Finaly problem is solved, Thank you very much.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh

Your availability check might have configured at delievery creation level that's why its allowing order creation without any stock.