cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in text element of FM"WRITE_FORM"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i have made an sap script in which i have 2 windows namely window1 and window2 other than main window.

for window1, i have given text element as HEAD and for window2 the text element is FOOTER.

but in call function WRITE_FORM even if im changing the name of the element to HEADER instead of HEAD for window1 then also it is working and even if im giving correct text element i.e.'FOOTER' for window2 in WRITE_FORM den it is giving error "footer is not defined for window window2".and also the contents of main and window1 is not being changed in se38 print preview.

plz help.

thnks n regards,

Mukesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try this.

call function open_form.

call function write_form.( specity main in window of export parameters )

Both header and footer will come automatically.

call function close_form.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Think u have not assigned that window in the particular page.

Follow the steps:

1. In SE71 click on PAGE WINDOWS tab .select the page in which u want to include the window.

2.In menu bar Edit->Create element->select the window which u want to include the page.

3. Standard Attributes -> Window width and height ( If want specify the positions also ).

In Program

example:

CALL FUNCTION 'WRITE_FORM'

EXPORTING

ELEMENT = 'HEAD' (Give the text element name within quotes And Capital letters)

WINDOW = 'WINDOW1' (Give the window name within quotes And Capital letters)

Thanks,

Nithya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to have only 1 write_form in your driver program. Automatically all the pages and windows are displayed. But when you need a specific text element in a window to be displayed, you can write a write_form with that text element. Make sure your form is activated and you have defined text elements without a spelling error.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Jayanthi.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Write_form is used for main window. For variable window no need to call the function module write_form.

Once check with your windows size.

Regards,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1) Use write_form to call Main window and its text element no need of explicitly calling the variable windows

window1 and window2.

2) Make sure your page size is proper in order to have all the three windows declared for that page.

3) Its better to call main window if your having data to be printed on the page in the main window page which changes with respect to user interaction say printing PO or PR details.

Thanks

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your Window1 and Window2 is variable Windows.

If you dont call window1 and window2 from the 'Write_form' then also it will be displayed.

Write_form is not Mandt for Variable windows only mandt for Main windows

Window1 and window2 i.e. Variable gets change in a form at the end.

If you are displaying data the is not static use Main Window instead

on Window1 and window2.

This will resolve the issue.

Regards,

Gurpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the elements are in the window which you have created : In page windows..and the alignment is correct and not overlapping...

You need to pass the correct window name and the element name to the Write_form

Check the windows and the elements

Regards

Shiva