cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro proxy page and portal event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

is it possible to capture the event from employee search iview into my custom webdynpro ABAP iview?

Since it occurs to me that when a portal page is developed as a "Default page template" I am able to capture the event whenever manager clicks on any employee in the list. But when i create a page with "Web dynpro proxy page" template, I cannot subscribe to the event.

We are trying to use employee search ivew and general data iview provided by SAP plus a custom WDA iview. But when I do a default page template, I am able to caputre the event but general data iview does not show any data...and when I use the proxy page template...I get data in general data iview but I am not able to capture the event....and my custom WDA iview does not show anything...

Employee search iview (previously known as team viewer) and general data iview are standard SAP iviews.

any ideas...

appreciate the help!

Thanks....

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

any ideas...

thanks....I am still trying to figure this thing out...why we can not subscribe in a custom wda iview to the employee search iview portal event if the iviews are inside a webdynpro proxy page....or a webdynrpo page template...and why general data iview provided by sap...does not get any data in a default page layout...where our custom wda iview can subscribe to the employee search iview event....

any help on this will be great....

Thanks....

Former Member
0 Kudos

From SAP Note 1112733:

Quote.

For technical reasons, you cannot send portal events from an iView embedded

in a WebDynpro page builder portal page (the employee search is an example

for such an iView) to an isolated iView (for example, a customer-defined WD

ABAP iView) in the NetWeaver 04s portal. Therefore, proceed as follows when

integrating your own iView in the employee portal:

1) Create a new default portal page (must NOT be of type WD Pagebuilder

page)

2) Add the existing MSS employee profile portal page to this new page.

3) Add your new iView to the new page.

Now the exchange of events between the MSS employee search and your new

iView should work.

Unquote.

The other option would be to put the Employee Search in a default portal page, and make WDA's for all the other iView content (e.g. General Data).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srivastava,

The scenario is like this....

page lay out:

Team viewer iview here----provided by SAP

General data iview here-----provided by SAP

my WDA iview here-----custom iview

if the page template is default template....I get data in my WDA iview for selected employee in the team viewer...but I go not get any data in General data iview

if the page template is web dynpro proxy page...i do not get any data in my WDA iview...but i get data in general data iview...

after debugging this thing...i found that for webdynpro proxy page...the portal event is not getting caught in my WDA iview...

how to subscribe to a portal event if the iview is embedded in a page which is using web dynpro proxy page template...

Just want to share this...that portal eventing is working fine...if the my iview is embedded in a page which is using default page template...

any ideas????

anyone???

Thanks...

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello J.,

I am sending you the concept for creating screen shots for the I views.Hope will be helpful for the query

Link: [Capture|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/05/0e95c0b6444f1bb533af8d559741a1/frameset.htm].

Have a best day ahead.