cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB1C Error Message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am Using ECC 6.0.After entering the material in MB1C i am getting the error message Saying...

Period 002 / 2009 is not open for A/C type S and G/L 799999. .

Pls Help me out from this situation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maxx,

This is one of the common issues, discussed in this Forum - [Search Forum|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/forumsearch]

Give search terms as - Period 002 / 2009 is not open for A/C type S and G/L 799999

and you will gets 10s of threads.

Why, I am telling this to you, because as a [Rule|;, You must search for the solution, to your query and if unable to find solution, then only post the query.

Anyways, Just check My Post, in to following thread:

[MB1C - Posting Error|]

This will help you to understand the error, thereafter, Consult your FI-Mate, to do the reqd. settings; as This is his Area-of-Concern

Don't take my suggestion in wrong way, as this is also our responsibility, to provide the BEST Suggestion, along with Solution.

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: Few more references:

and many more in [Search Forum|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/forumsearch]

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to SDN

This is to be done in OB52

Menu path to t code OB52

img-financial accounting new-financial accounting global settings (new)--ledgers-fiscal year and posting periods-posting periods-open and close posting periods(OB52)

First of all you must see what the posting period varient maintained for your company code

This you can see in OBY6 (in processing parameters tab you can see that) and what the fiscal year varient maintained in your company code in t code OBY6

In that take your posting period varient say if it is 1000

Then in OB52 you have to maintain like this

1000--S-blank---zzzzzzzzzz--01-2009-12-2009---13-201016---2010

like this you have to maintain for A,+,D,K,M,V(account types) the second colunmn and do this and save

This is check one

You have to close all the previous periods thro MMPV transaction

For this you first need to see what is the current period in in MMRV

Go to MMRV first and input your company code ans see what is the closing period maintained there

As today is feb 7 th 2009 the closing period should look like 01/2009(normal settings) in MMRV

That means the period is closed till jan 09

If in MMRV the closing period is say 07/2008 then it means you have to close periods from july08 tojan 09

for this go to MMPV and input company code code and the date as 01.08.2008 then a log will come that means july is closed and august is open like that 01.09.2008, 01.10.2008, 01.11.2008, 01.12.2008, 01.01.2009 and 01.02.2009 that till feb 09 every month it hasto be done

Better to take MM help if you are new to this

This is check 2

But better to take the help of your FI /MM persons as this error relates that only

Regards

Raja