cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Expiry intervals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

For one our raw material there are 4 -7 suppliers are there , and for every supplier we want to maintain different expiry interval dates (For Ex 360 days ,183 Days......etc) for the same material . This we maintained in inspection interval in case the expiry interval is same for a material from all suppliers . Any workaround ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please clarify whether you are talking about 'Shelf Life Expiry Period" or "Inspection Interval"? Your querry is mentioning both.

"Inspection Interval"is used to calculate the "next Inspection dare" not the shelf life expirt date.

"Self Life Expiry Period" is used to calculate the "Shelf Life Expiry Date".

If you want the system to calculate different "Shelfe Expiry Dates" for the same material from the different vendors, you can maintain the different "Self Life Expiry Period" in the Purchase Information Record (ME11) against each vendor.

With Best Regards,

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vithal,

Which field exactly this total shelf life for different material for different vendors need to be maintained. I am not able to see this provision in the purchasing info record.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the ME11/12 you will enter Vendor, Material,Purchasing Organization & Plant as the input values, then you will be able to maintain the "Rem.Shelf Life" field under the control data tab of the "Puchasing Organization Data1" screen

With Best Regards,

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note that "Rem.Shelf Life" maintained in the Purchasing info record is used to control the GR creation comparing the Remaining Shelf Life with the Expiry Date, it is not used to calculate the "Shelf Life Expiry Date" of the batch which was mentioned by me in my first reply.

There is a separate procedure to maintain the different "Shelf Life Expiry Dates" for the same material from different vendors. I will recollect & post the procedure today or tomorrow. Sorry for the wrong suggestion.

With Best Regards

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vithal,

Yes you are correct. Its only checking during GR whether the Shelf life expiry date is greater than the Rem.Shelf Life in the PIR . Awaiting your reply on the procedure to maintain different intervals and calculate the shelf life expiry date automatically.

Thanks .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following procedure can be followed, when the same material coming from the different vendors have the different shelf life.The material is received in stores along with the documents (like certificates) which contains the details of production and expiry date. The person creatinng the GR document in the stores will be able to enter the production & expiry dates mentioned by the vendor.

Assuming the above business scenario, the follwing solution is given.

1. In the IMG>Batch Mgmt>SLED>Set Expiration Check> (Put the indicator On for your plant & Put "1-Enter & Check" for the movement type 101

2. In the material master do not maintain the "Total Shelf Life" (Keep it Blank)

While creating the GR, the prodcution date & expiry date fields will become mandatory, the user must enter in those fields by looking the data supplied by the user. In this way you can maintain different exiry dates from different vendors for the same material. In this case system will not calculate the expiry date automatically.

If the above solution is not feasible to you, see the documentation for using User Exit,& BAdi. Path IMG>Batch Mgmt>SLED-->Set Up Customer Exit to Calculate/Check the SLED

Path IMG>Batch Mgmt>SLED-->BAdI: Control of Shelf Life Expiration Date Processing

With Best Regards,

Vithal

Answers (0)