cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change SAP client for business systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our client wants all the XI interfaces to point to a new SAP client in their QA landscape.

Presently all interfaces have business system QA1_200 and has client 200 assigned to it in SLD.

Can I just change this client to the new client 220 in SLD for the same business system,and will all the interfaces start fetching/posting data from the new client ?

I'm supporting this project remotly and we dont have any XI /Basis consultants onsite so I want the work to be as minimal as possible.

Please advise.

Jacob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can I just change this client to the new client 220 in SLD for the same business system,and will all the interfaces start fetching/posting data from the new client ?

No. Its won't be that simple.

First you will have to create the other business system with new client number. Then you have two options.

1. Reimport the business system in ID. In this case, all ID related developments have to be reconfigured. For this you may make use of Integration Directory APIs too.

2. Export the objects from ID and save it as tpz files. Define 2 groups in SLD, one for each client. Then define transport target for source business system to target business system. Then reimport the ID objetcts. It should then automatically change the business system names.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek for your inputs.

What I'm trying is to do it without creating a new business system .The moment I decide to create a business system for the new client , as you rightly said there is some amount of configuration effort involved which I would like to avoid.

Can you think about the issues that will happen if I change the client assigned for the existing business system?I know the logical system name will not change.

What about transporting from Dev using CMS with a new track ?Is that a good idea?

Jacob

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

>What I'm trying is to do it without creating a new business system .The moment I decide to create a business system for the new client , as you rightly said there is some amount of configuration effort involved which I would like to avoid.

You cant avoid that. Prateeks tips are very recommentable.

>Can you think about the issues that will happen if I change the client assigned for the existing business system?I know the logical system name will not change.

Most serious would be that you have a business system QA1_200 what is poited to QA1 client 220. This is quite difficult to maintain and nearly impossible to monitor. For what do you use PI when not for good maintenance and good monitoring?

Additional you need to change the Communication Channels, Port and SM59 destinations (depending on how you exchange messages).

>What about transporting from Dev using CMS with a new track ?Is that a good idea?

The way of transport makes no difference.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guyz....I knew the normal steps but was looking for a shortcut method which can be done by someone with the help of screenshots and avoid a trip to the project location which now means traveling to another country just for this

Regards,

Jacob