cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC->BPM->File - Acknowledgements

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Scenario is to send IDocs from SAP through BPM to a file system. I want an acknowledgement to be sent back to SAP system incase of any error while writing the file. To simulate an error, I am giving an unauthorized file path. I have enabled application acknowledgements in the send step of BPM. I receive a negative acknowledgment from the File system to BPM saying unauthorized. But the acknowledgement from BPM to SAP system has the status 'Waiting for an acknowledgement' and the status of IDOC in SAP is still '03'.

Please note that in case of successful message, the acknowledgement is sent all the way back to SAP and the status of IDOC is set to '41' from '03'.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinoda, Are you sure the file system is sending you an Application acknowledgement ? To receieve an application acknowledgement in your send step, the receiver Business System should be capable of sending an acknowledgement back, i doubt whether a file system is capable of doing it, unless you have designed a clever mechanism of doing this. was just curious...

Thanks

Saravana

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinocha,

the way is to define a exception brach in your BPM, where you trigger the sending of error acknowledgement. Plz hava look to my weblog

/people/udo.martens/blog/2005/09/30/one-logical-system-name-for-serveral-bpm-acknowledgements

where i descibed the task.

Regards,

Udo