cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i started to work with Sap netweaver visual composer. i have to validate a "input field" where it only have to accept letters like 'Abraham cuahutle' but not 'Abraham00939383%6$ Cu398403' somebody can help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abraham,

I was just reading the library and i came across this topic.

I had your question in my mind. Please have a look.I am sure it will be helpful.

Link: [ValidateForm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/a3/b65242f8a0bd30e10000000a155106/frameset.htm|Tip].

Have a best day ahead.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abraham,

Try the below steps.

1) open the properties of the 'Input field'

2) Select 'Validation' tab.

3) Add one condition and set Condition='Contains' Value= '1' Error message = 'No numbers or symbols'

4) Add another condition and set Condition='Contains' Value= '2' Error message = 'No numbers or symbols'

5) Continue for the steps for numbers and symbols which are you don't want to enter.

Hope it helps...

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basheer :

I did that, it's function good for numbers, but what's up whit special characters like "$&%!@)(", i try to validate this with regular expressions but i don't know how to do it,

When i try to validate the input field as you said it is good but when try to validate more characters (around 20, numbers and especial characters) i have an error 32k or 64k

Do you know how to validate this with regular expressions.

Please help me.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abraham,

You can use the condition='not contains' and value= [ use ascii value limit for characters] error message = "..."

It will take only characters not numbers and special characters.

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basheer, i try to resolve this but i have a problem, when i put the condition "value=ascii" it validate just first character, may be i am doing something wrong can you say me step by step what i have to do please.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abraham,

There is no such a method to check the availability of numbers and special characters in input field. You can make it as possible by checking for individual numbers and also for special characters.

Use the step I've given for numbers also for the special characters.

For example,

Condition='Contains' Value = '%' Msg='No special characters'

Condition='Contains' Value = '@' Msg='No special characters'

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok it is function very well, but i have a form with 30 input fields and i have to put around 30 validations each one of input fields including numbers and special characters, if a do this i have 900 validation per iviews i have 40 iviews then i get 32k or 64k error, for that i would like one expression that validate and permit to capture only letters no numbers no special characters.