cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTP with Planning Procedure '3' Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

We use CTP with Planning Procedure '3' for finished goods.

Currently i am seeing some extra planned orders created. This means that my reciepts are created automatically without any requirement.

The current sales order gets pegged to a production order. But then this also creates some new planned orders.

In which sales order scenario would this happen -

1. deletion

2. rejection

3. No TQA deletion

Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

When you cancel or delete the sales order, during the next CTP planning check, it will delete the connected planned orders.

For your issue, please check on the following.

1) Whether safety stock maintained in system?

2) Lotsize?

3) Old demand undeleted?

4) Manual demand from any source?

I would suggest you delete all the planned orders for the product and rerun it to check on the reproducability of this issue?

Please confirm

Regards,

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

We could resolve the issue, but the root cause was very much straight forward. This was because the actual quantity and target quantity in ECC were way different.

Thanks Senthil for help !!

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

Thanks a lot for the explaination. I assume, when you say that the new procurement element would not get changed is in the scenario when the sales order is saved.

What happens, when you delete the sales order or cancel it? I assume that this would delete the connected planned orders as well.

The scenario where i have the issue is -

I do not see a excess sales order in RRP3, but i see excess planned orders in rrp3. There is nobody working on the sales orders for the mentioned SKU.

Has this something to do with the Temp Quantity Assignments?

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar Joshi,

CTP will be covered under this Std Planning procedure 3. This procedure is highly useful to plan finished product and very important assemblies.

This scenario is to be executed with the heuristics SAP_PP_003 or SAP_PP_CTP. This heuristic adjusts the procurement proposals for the finished product if you have reduced the requirements quantity in the sales order or you have deleted the sales order

For a new sales order or a moved requirements date, the CTP check creates procurement proposals for the finished product. If you increase the quantity of an already saved sales order, a new procurement element is created for the missing quantity in the CTP check. In the subsequent planning run (after saving the sales order), the new procurement element remains unchanged. The advantage of heuristic SAP_PP_CTP or SAP_PP_003 is that the procurement elements can be reused in the subsequent planning process u2013 even if the lot sizes do not correspond to the settings in the product master. This avoids the grouping of lots that causes unwanted new procurement elements.

· If a dependent or stock transfer requirement exists for a component of the finished product (or for the finished product itself), PP/DS immediately executes the action Cover dependent or stock transfer requirement immediately. This means that PP/DS creates timely receipt elements for the components and determines a feasible availability date/time. The system automatically executes source determination according to quota arrangement, priority, costs, procurement type, and dates/times, and executes detailed scheduling of orders according to the detailed scheduling strategy specified.

· If there is a change to the plan, for example, the production process model, PP/DS creates a planning file entry. In the next MRP planning run, the system re-explodes the plan for the affected orders.

You can also refer SAP note 426563 regarding this process.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.