cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

We are creating a sales order and there is a header text copied into the sales order from the ship-to party. We get a pop-up of this text and we could also see the text at the header texts tab.

Now the problem here is, if we change the ship-to-party the text copied earlier into the sales order is not changing. Even though we change the ship-to party even before saving the sales order, the text is not changing as maintained for the new ship-to-party. We only see the old text from the previous ship-to-party.

What could be the reason for the text not being re-determined on changing the ship-to-party. Is there anything like text re-determination.

Please help me in this regard

Thanks in advance

Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhu,

Automatic text determination can be done with NACE transaction. Defining access sequance assigned for your current output types.

This will help you to pick text according to the partner.

Regards,

Shabeer

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please read carefully the query before posting irrelevant "advice"?

The initial question was very clear: "Is there a way to RE -determine texts?"

The question is not about taxes, or the condition technique. The colleague, as myself are looking for a way, if there is one, to re-determine text not tax !

Edited by: Agamemnon Varonos on Jun 22, 2010 10:52 AM

Edited by: Agamemnon Varonos on Jun 22, 2010 10:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found that the Determination Analysis was redetermined i.e. it recognised the change in Ship-to, but the text was not updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi prabhu

Generally the text gets copied from the CMR to sales order but if you change the ship to party then the text wont change. But if you want to change then change the text manually by, once the popup msg comes then change manually the text or else after changing the ship to party change the text and then do delivery and billing

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srinath,

Isnt there any other way to automatically re-determine texts like taxes, route etc., in a sales order.

Thanks in advence

Prabhu

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu

But as per your query and as per my understanding , as there is a route determination , you are asking is there any way to do the text determination . Is your query same or not let me know .

But as Route determination is the combination of Country + transportation zone+ country of ship to party+ transportation zone of ship to party + shipping conditions + transportation group

Text determination is a Condition Technique . So if you do the conditon technique then only the data will be read and it will be executed. Without that it is not possible

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srinath,

Thanks for you quick replies. I want to know if there is any possiblity to automatiocally redetermine. Any User Exits that would help.

Thanks and regards

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

Route, tax etc as specified by you are item specific data in the Sales order.

So, go to the Item details for any specific item, go to Partner tab, change the Ship-to-party and click enter.

Once you click enter button, system will automatically re-determine the Route and Tax for which system will give you a pop-up for your confirmation.