cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALEAUD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on this scenario JDBC-XI-IDOC SAP R3. I send IDOC from XI to SAP R3. If the IDOC sends a negative ALEAUD I would like to trigger an Alert. I set up Alert Confiugration to catch the negative Acknowledgement but for some reason it is not working. I do see the negative Acknowledgement in SXMB_MONI.

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Please check you alert configuration done...please look at the information provided below in doing the same and see if it helps you solve your problem.

From SP 14 on PMI-free alerting was introduced. That means before SP 14 one has to configure and activate the End-to-End Monitoring, and to schedule the report SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET in order to extract the alerts from the PMI data. For SP 14 and higher, that's not longer necessary.

If no alerts are being delivered, please check if "Suppress multiple alerts of this rule" is checked for your rule.

For SP 14 and higher you could also have a look at the report sxmsalert_logreader. This report shows some information about alerts being created or not.

You'll find more information about trouble shooting the alerting in SAP Note 913858.

Also just check if this batch program (RSALERTPROC) is running or not.

The links below on Alert Management (ALM) will be of good help to you:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/567ddea69d3d4c93a6aedabd08899e/frameset.htm">Forwarding Alerts to Alert Management (ALM)</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/81023cfa699508e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm">Alert Management</a>

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step: Alerts - Step by step</a>

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide: Alerts - Troubleshooting guide</a>

Meanwhile look at these forum threads also:

Also, In ALRTCATDEF, go to SETTINGS--> CONFIGURATION. By default, the option selected is INTERNAL PROCESSING. Select the option SMTP FORWARDING AS XML and give the email id. This will enable you to send an email alert whenever an error occurs in XI.

Regards,

abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael

Could you tell me what document you referred to setup the ALEAUDIT on the R3 side so that it sends back ack to XI for the inbound idoc that it received from XI.

Apologize - for the question - I should be helping you with answers for your question - just came across this - since I was trying to configure the ALEAUD basic settings on the R3 backend - thought I would ask you this....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I followed the instruction in How to Handle Acknowledgementsfor IDOC document that I got from Service Marketplace. It should be available on SDN too.

Regards

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael

Thanks for the tip. I got the document and now would be more confident in trying it out - since you have already tried it...

Karthik.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael

One more question here . In the scenario explained above JDBC --> XI > IDOC> SAP how do you set the acknowledgement requested property to true ?? I believe the JDBC sender adapter does not request any acknowledgement - so , even though you set up the ALE distribution model in the R3 backend for ALE audit IDOCs , there is no ack request sent out by the JDBC sender adapter - so , I guess the RBDSTATE program would never have any parties that requested acknowledgement and hence would never sent the AUDIT IDOC to XI.