cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I download a JDBC driver for MAXDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to update my jdbc driver to access maxdb because I am using a version created four years ago but the database is the most updated. I have visited the maxdb web site, but I did not found any jdbc driver.

Thanks in advance.

Rosa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Some years ago we changed the default cursor behavior of our driver from TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE to TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY. The reasons to change it were a better performance when fetching resultsets and also the conformance to the JDBC specification.

So the default cursor behavior of our JDBC driver is now TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY. You can change the cursor behavior when you create a statement.

java.sql.Statement ; stmt = connection.createStatement( 
                ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE, ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);

Also some newer JDBC drivers have a connect option

defaultresultsettype=[TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY|TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE|TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE]

Regards,

Marco

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rosa,

-> Are you SAP customer?

-> "I have visited the maxdb web site, but I did not found any jdbc driver."

Could you please update the thread with the link, where you was looking for MAXDB software.

-> What is the current version of the running database?

What is the OS of the database server?

-> Please run 'sdbregview -l' to see a short list of all installed database software packages. JDBC is one of the database software packages.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not a sap customer. I am using the maxdb comunity edition. I used the link to download software packages of the comunity edition; that is https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/maxdb-downloads. My operating system is open suse 11.0.

I have executed the comand sdbregview and I found the jdbc library at /opt/sdb/programs/runtime/jar. I have installed it but when I try to execute my program it says that the ResultSet are of type FORWARD_ONLY. Is there any jdbc library for maxdb without such restriction.

Thanks in advance,

Rosa

TTK
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Rosa

Did you set the resultset type to another type than ResultSet.TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY before?

IIRC, forward only is the default in JDBC.

With kind regards Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I did. Indeed my application works fine with an older library, but I want to update it because I have updated the database several times, but not the driver.

Thanks,

Rosa