Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying EAR files in PI 7.1

thorsten_hautz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are currently upgrading our XI 3.0 system to PI 7.1.

We had developed some adapter modules for XI 3.0 and we have compiled them with new libraries for using in PI 7.1.

But how can we deploy the created EAR-files in PI 7.1 now?

In XI 3.0 we used the Visual Administrator for Deploying. But we can't use this tool any more.

The SAP Netweaver Administrator doesn't have such a feature (we didn't find it anyway until now).

The only thing I found was to deploy EAR-Files using Developer Studio. But we can't deploy EAR files in test and production system this way.

Does anybody know an easy way to deploy EAR files in PI 7.1 (like in XI 3.0)?

Regards,

Thorsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Did you find a solution to this issue. I have to deploy a .ear file in SAP PI 7.1.

But our deployment team tells me that JSPM needs the SCA/SDA format. Our developers do not know how to generate in a directly compatible format either.

Any help is much appreciated.

regards, Sean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Definitely it is possible to use JSPM to deploy ear files in PI 7.1 (at least SP06). When you open up JSPM tool you will have to select "Hot Fixes" and then next. The file will have to be copied to the following Unix directory /<transport directory>/EPS/in. Unfortunately if the file is already deployed and you want to deploy it again with the same version but changes, you will not be able to redeploy it. For that propose you can use the scripts under unix ../j2ee/deployment/scripts. please have a lock under: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/46/1bd4293d034f08e10000000a114a6b/content.htm. There you will also find a script to convert an EAR file to SDA.

Regards,

Toni

former_member187563
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Instead of visual admin ,now we have netweaver administrator in pi7.1 which can be used for deployment.

refer to this article

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00838345-708c-2a10-1199-9514c0b0...

regards,

ujjwal kumar

thorsten_hautz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ujjwal,

I can't find a point in Netweaver Administrator to deploy EAR-files.

Do you know where I can find it?

In the presentation I can only find JSDM as the tool to deploy SDA or SCAs.

Regards,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos
thorsten_hautz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

thanks for your answer.

Is it possible to generate an SCAS or SDA-file directly in Developer Studio?

Or have we to use a special tool for that?

Regards

Thorsten

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From Netweaver 7.1, export it as an EAR.

Regards

Ravi Raman