cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM2.0 - Catalog update has not yet finished

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm looking at a procurement catalog in CCM which has a yellow triangle by the Update area saying that "The catalog update has not yet finished". I checked SM37 and do not see anything running.

Any idea how I can stop whatever that's running so I can get into it and work on this catalog?

Thanks much.

SN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the table /CCM/D_UPD_STATE to verify there is no entry stuck in status 03. If there is and it is not a valid catalog update (like publication or upload/mapping), then change the status to update failed or whatever the corresponding status should be. This should unlock the catalog

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I had a typo. I'm on CCM1.0 not 2.0 so I don't have /CCM/D_UPD_STATE to look at.

Where else can I look to stop this update?

Thanks.

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check table /CCM/D_CTLG_REQ to verify if there is a lock existing on the catalog (entry in REQ_SENDER field)

If so this should be unlocked with report /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG

Also you can check the catalog status using table /CCM/D_CTLG for the relevent catalog in field Status.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

There's no lock on the catalog as there's no value in the REQ_SENDER field.

When looking at /CCM/D_CTLG, the Status is 1 and Operation is 2 but I don't know what these numbers mean as there's no drop-down list.

Is it normal for a catalog to not be at the same version for AI and SE? I notice this catalog the AI version is 9 while SE is at 11 with the active checkmark next to it. The AI version has no active checkmark.

Thank you,

SN

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you copy the line entry in this table into the thread here so I can see it?

As for AI/SE versions, they do not need to match, AI version is authoring environment version of the catalog and version numbering changes after update like upload etc. SE version is a search engine version of the catalog (published catalog) and will change it's version after each publication.

AI versions are generally inactive, SE version needs to be active otherwise the catalog search engine will not be accessible.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Below is the entry from /CCM/D_CTLG_REQ

Process Object ID Version Internal GUID Catalog Type Sender

AI PFR-L 9 486B5C8C695413ECE10000000A50607C 01

Below is the entry from /CCM/D_CTLG

Process Version Internal GUID Hdr Data Type Status Operation

AI 9 486B5C8C695413ECE10000000A50607C 01 01 02

Thanks.

SN

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SN

Have you tried just uploading/mapping new data to the catalog as this messages denotes the last update to the catalog ... the status will be cleared once a new upload or mapping job completes.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

No, I haven't tried as I thought that would prevent me from doing anything to the catalog since the last update has not yet finished. I was going to try to clear that status if I can. But if you say we can just try it, I guess we can do that.

SN

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If there is a valid lock entry existing somewhere, then it will not allow you to proceed with the update, the upload will fail with an error, at least this will then tell us whether or not there is a valid lock existing or whether the message in the UI is just a residue of an old problem long since cleared.

I suggest you try this method.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll ask my user to give it a try and see what happens. I'll come back to update the message with the results.

Thanks much for your help.

SN