cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordsets per Message not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found that Recordsets per Message will split the source message into multiple messages and process them separately. This will save my alot of time and is exactly what I need - but it does not work.

I have in my sender file adapter the following parameters in File Content conversion:

Document Name = MT_SND_ZADIG

Document Namespace = urn://federalmogul.com/ADP/FINFRADP001/00

Recordset Name = RECORDSET

Recordset Structure = RECORDSET,*

Recordset Sequence = Ascending

Recordsets per Message = 10

Key Field Type = String (case-sensitive)

RECORDSET.fieldNames RECORDCODE,ACCOUNTID,CONST_E,CONST_Z2M,MONTHYEAR,JOURNALCODE,FOLIOCODE,RECORDTYPE,DAY,GLACCOUNT,CODINGBLOCK,DEBITAMOUNT,CREDITAMOUNT,TEXT,FILLER1,FILLER2,ACCREF1,ACCREF3,EMPLOYEENO,REPORTTYPE,ZADIGCODE,ACC_TYPE,RESERVED,CENTURY

RECORDSET.fieldFixedLengths 2,6,1,3,4,3,2,1,2,12,18,13,13,20,8,8,12,12,6,4,6,1,1,2

RECORDSET.lastFieldsOptional yes

When I feed in a file with 77 records I would expect it to split it into 7 * 10 recordset and then 1 * 7 - why is it not doing this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn

the problem is with

Recordset Structure = RECORDSET,*

use following config, and it will work

Recordset Name = (leave this empty)

Recordset Structure = RECORDSET,1

specify parameter ignoreRecordsetName to true

It will surely work.

Jayson

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The above setting will split each record in to a separate message. u should be using row,* only. Use different names for recordset and strucutures under recordset.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson

As always you have the correct answer. I changed Recordset Structure to be the number of records to split after and ignoreRecordsetName to true and it worked.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

And... what is the result you are getting?

Try to change Recordset Structure with something different that Recorset name.

Something like:

Recordset Name = RECORDSET

Recordset Structure = row,*

row.fieldNames RECORDCODE,ACCOUNTID,CONST_E,CONST_Z2M,MONTHYEAR,JOURNALCODE,FOLIOCODE,RECORDTYPE,DAY,GLACCOUNT,CODINGBLOCK,DEBITAMOUNT,CREDITAMOUNT,TEXT,FILLER1,FILLER2,ACCREF1,ACCREF3,EMPLOYEENO,REPORTTYPE,ZADIGCODE,ACC_TYPE,RESERVED,CENTURY

row.fieldFixedLengths 2,6,1,3,4,3,2,1,2,12,18,13,13,20,8,8,12,12,6,4,6,1,1,2

row.lastFieldsOptional yes

Follow the example is described in:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

Regards,

Carlos