cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence of IDOC segments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have duplicated some segment in a IDOC for my mapping on the targetside. As far as they stick together this is no problem. But after several changes and activations of my mapping the sequence of the segments are suddenly mixed up. I don't know why this happened. But now the IDOC adapter parser throws an error because the duplicate segments are mixed up now with other segments. How can I get these segments again into the logical order without throwing the duplicated Segements away, recreate them and redo all the mapping work (hundreds of fields)? in the graphicals mapper ther is no posibility on the target side to shift segments up and down.

Thankx

Manfred S.V.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That means in the graphical target structure, these segments are mixed up already ?

In such cases, when the output does not match the expected order of the segments anymore, you can use an additional graphical 1:1 mapping for the target structure. Select both root elements, and press the button for mapping all elements with same name automatically.

XI will then make sure the order will be ok, because that is determined by the target structure (which is ok in that case).

I have used that technique after using Java mappings on complex structures, and it worked. But it will depend on how "wrong" your result is. Maybe there will be context problems then.

If all else fails, you can export Ctrl Shift 0 the mapping, and manually modify the result, and then import again. But that is dangerous.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CSY,

thank you for your answer. This additional 1:1 mapping has done the work. But how can this mixup happen? Do you now anything about a reason? Or shall I open an OSS Call and go through end/(use)-less discussions about traces, versions, etc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, never have seen that happen...

Answers (0)