cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in populating values in dropdown by key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have three dropdowns DD1,DD2 and DD3.If i select one value in DD1 basing on that selected value the respective values need to be populated in the other two dropdowns DD2 and DD3.This functionality is working fine but if i select a new value in the DD1 the old values are not getting refereshed in DD2 and DD3 the new values are getting populated but the old values are displayed.

I invalidated the nodes that i binded for both the dropdowns but still the old values are not getting refereshed can you help me in this issue.

Thankx,

Naaz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you do the coding for populating the values to DD2 and DD3 in the onselect action of DD1.

and invalidate the nodes before populating the new one

Thanks and Regards

shanto aloor

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nazz,

Check the node binding to 2nd and 3rd UI and Singleton property.

Also check the place in which u call invalidate method in the code.

Make sure that u r deployments r correct.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please have a look at the below thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some problem with OnActionSelect() of DD1... please post your code of this method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanthi,

I am have been trying it so many times in first drop down's onSelect I am invalidating both the nodes and then adding the values to the drop down but still i am getting the old values.

Thankx,

Naaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

what is the code u have written for invalidating the nodes ?

if you can provide the code i can help you ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should work if you invalidate both the context nodes of DD2 and DD3 in the action of DD1. Give it one more try.

Thanks,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanto aloor,

Ya i did it but still its not getting invalidated.I am still able to see the values.

Thankx,

Naaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chander Kararia,

No DD2 and DD3 do not have any values in it.They will get displayed only after selecting the first drop down.

Thankx,

Naaz

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naaz,

As you said, DD2 & DD3 does not have any values. So, from that what I understand is:

1. If you select value "A" in DD1, corresponding "A2" will be populated in DD2 & "A3" in DD3.

Right?

2. Now, if you again select value "B" in DD1, corresponding "B2" SHOULD be populated in DD2 & "B3" in DD3. Right?

3. So, is it like

ARE YOU APPENDING THE VALUES IN DD2 & DD3 (i.e. creating a list in both drop downs) and WANT TO DISPLAY THE LAST SELECTED CORRESONDING VALUES ?

or,

ARE YOU JUST INTRESTED IN DISPALYING THE CORRESPONDING VALUES IN DD WITHOUT HOLDING THE LAST VALUES IN DD2 & DD3?

Hope I am clear.

Regards

Chander Kararia

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naaz,

As you said, on the basis of 1st dd value, dd2 & dd3 values need to be set.

So, do dd2 & dd3 already having some values that need to be just displayed now as selected?

or, dd2 & dd3 will add the new values in the list & display them now as selected?

This willl help in answering.

Also, check dd2 & dd3 cardinality.

Regards

Chander Kararia