cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config Tool connection error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a system migration copy of an NW04 XI system running on Windows 32 bit migrated to Windows 64 bit, the system starts ok and works fine, but when I try and connect to the config tool to set 64 bit Java parameters by the default settings I get the error 'error while connecting to the DB' and it just shows me the secure store settings when it fails.

The config tool works ok in the source system of the copy, so i'm guessing its a user/password problem? when I do not use the default settings I get quite a few settings for logon via secure store or direct logon, is there an OSS note where you can work out what these values should be so I can check them? I cannot find an OSS note with these details.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got the config tool working now, it was trying to connect to MS SQL via the wrong port, on SQL 2005 the DB is set to use dynamic ports, but the config tool was set for a specific port by parameter jdbc/pool/DXI/Url, so I just set SQL to use a static port and put that parameter in the URL, so it works ok now.

Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check config.properties file after system copy? Does it contain target sap SID?

Hope this helps.

Manoj chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj

Thanks for the response.

The SID has not been changed during the migration, I have retained the same SID name, only the server has changed. I am performing test migrations as we are planning to migrate our landscape from Windows 32 bit to Windows 64 bit, so we will be using 'staging' servers during the migrations as the 64 bit OS will need to be installed on our original servers before we can migrate back.

The config.properties file does contain the correct SID.

Paul.