cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Here's my landscape: Web Application Server (J2EE Engine) 6.40 sp11, R/3 and no enterprise portal. We are trying to develop a WebDynPro application that would be used by external clients. We are not presenting this application via Portal. My question is regarding authentication options.

I know that while creating JCO destinations in Content Administrator, I can choose 1) username/pwd 2) Ticket - Logon Ticket 3) SNC.

I know that #1 is for META data and #3 doesn't apply in my case as I am using a browser as front-end. So, I think #2, which is Ticket is the option for me for my application data.

Here's my understanding of #2: My WebDynPro has authentication check box ticked and the client uses browser to invoke the application, which then takes to the Login page and user uses lets say, USER1/pwd to login. If authenticated by WebAS, s/he would get a tickets (cookie) from the WebAS. Since my application uses Adaptive RFC, the client would be able to access R/3 data by calling BAPIs or RFMs via WebDynPro. I am thinking, I need to do a configuration on R/3 side to accept logon ticket issued by WebAS using STRUST.

My questions are:

A) Is my understanding correct?

B) Any deviations from the above possible?

C) Do I need to have a user on WebAS with identical user on R/3 ?

D) I am thinking, since I am not using Portal, I can not do user mapping. So I need to have same userid in both WebAS and R3, correct?

E) Is there an automated way of creating users in WebAS identical to the ones in R3?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Is there an automated way of creating users in WebAS identical to the ones in R3?

Yes this can be achieved by having userstore in R/3. When you install WAS Java it asks you where do you want the User Store to be. Select the option: "Use ABAP System for Users and Groups".

Check this link for more details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/7e/a2d475e5384335a2b1b2d80e1a3a20/frameset.htm

However after selecting this option, you will not be able to create users in WAS JAVA. You have to create the users in R/3 using SU01 transaction.

Also use transaction STRUSTSSO2 which is an extended version of STRUST to configure your ABAP system to accept the Login Tickets.

Regards,

Shubham

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiran!

Ya what u got is true!

The application would fetch the information from R/3 system only when there is a valid information in R/3 with the same userid and password as that of the WAS .

So First the user should have a valid userid in WAS primarily and then the same userid as well as password should be there for R/3.It is mandatory.

Regards,

Mohan.