cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when calling BAPI from web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a program that calls a BAPI to retrieve data. The problem is that i have the following error message:

com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: 'WD_RFC_LOADBL_META' not properly defined! Unable to create Metadata connection for Dictionary Provider. Either the logical System Name 'WD_RFC_LOADBL_META' has not been properly defined in the System Landscape Directory, or you are not using a MsgServerDestination (AppServerDestinations are not permitted for Metadata connections)

I have created a JCOP connector and tested it, everything works fine, but the application is not working.

Any helpfull ideas ??

Thanks a lot.

Thibault Schalck

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the sapmsNO1 entry in my host file and it worked !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked again the parameters, have updated the logon group to PUBLIC and now I have this error message:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=sapdevnova GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=NO1 MSSERV=sapmsNO1 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR service 'sapmsNO1' unknown TIME Fri Feb 06 16:23:15 2009 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 530 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsNO1' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 1

I have no idea what this means...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check if the communications user with which you are calling the BAPI has proper access permissions at the backend...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the logon group settings used for the connection...

john

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

It is not ur coding error at webdynpro end....JCO settings are not done correctly.Recheck it .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

It looks like problem in the configuration of jco check all the settings you have done and test it properly

and also check bapi in the SAP system whether it is working properly or not what are its import and export parameters and its type also.

Thanks and Regards

shanto aloor