cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Plan from WBS Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am creating a manual billing plan for WBS element in Project. Now i am assigning a Sales order to this WBS element.

Now as per my understanding the billing plan of WBS should get copied to sales order.

Is it correct? Can somebody guide me on this?

One more question is it possible to directly create a sales order from a WBS element?

Thanks in advance.

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I have assigned WBS element in sales order Acct Assign Tab.

Now I am adding an activity for that WBS element for 1000 Rs and sales order is of 10000 Rs.

So how to raise bill on specific date ????

Raghav

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Billing is done from sales order not from WBS

Ask your SD consultant or read SAP help on Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sales order items are assigned to WBS elements. In Customizing, you can stipulate, for a combination of sales document category (quotation, order, and so on), sales document type, controlling area, and system status, whether the billing data (for example, in a billing plan) from a sales order should update the revenue plan for an assigned WBS element. The dates and planned revenues concerned originate either from the billing plan for the sales order items or (if there is no billing plan) from the net value and apportionment data for the item. The revenue element originates from G/L account determination in SD.

A billing plan is a schedule of individual billing dates for a single item in a sales document. You can define a billing plan at header level, which is then valid for all items assigned to it.

Depending on the kind of business process you are carrying out, the system can automatically propose one of two different types of billing plan: periodic billing or milestone billing.

Periodic billing means billing a total amount for each individual billing date in the plan. For example, if you are creating a rental contract, the system can propose a schedule of monthly rental payments, according to the length and conditions of the contract.

Milestone billing means distributing the total amount to be billed over multiple billing dates in the billing plan. For example, you can use a billing plan for billing a make-to-order item that is assigned to a project in the SAP Project System. When you enter the project-related make-to-order item in the sales order (or assembly order), the system proposes a billing plan based on milestones defined for networks in the project. As each milestone is successfully reached, the customer is billed either a percentage of the entire project cost or simply a pre-defined amount.

About your second question,

I think it is not possible to create a sales order from a WBS element.WBS elements can be used as account assignment in Sales order.

However an assemble to order environment is one in which the product or service is assembled on receipt of the sales order. Key components are planned in anticipation of the sales order. Receipt of the order initiates assembly of the customized product. This business process is called assembly processing. It creates a link between sales document and project. It is an indirect method of generating a network or a WBS from a sales order.

Please refer the link mentioend below for more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/95/1613a8837b11d2b6700000e82d8bd1/frameset.htm

Regards

Tushar