cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get a grip on XI concepts with simple problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

After having taken the BIT400 course, I'm feeling a little dizzy with all the new concepts to wrap my head around.

Giving myself a relatively simple challenge, I'm trying to figure out what I need to do.

I have a trivial stockquote webservice available on an Apache/PHP server somewhere, which expects a name (string), and spits out a float, accordingly.

On a different server, I have a PHP page that acts as a webservice client. I'm now calling the webservice directly, but I figured it might be a good exercise to try and do this through XI.

I've read the WSDL and done most of the mapping stuff. I'm just puzzled how I'm supposed to make the client PHP page connect to XI, and how to get XI to call the webservice.

Do I need to register any technical systems and business systems? Is this all done through parties? The whole concert of adapters, communication channels, parties and TS/BS is still a bit vague to me. If anyone could point me to some relevant tutorials, blogs, articles, manuals, etc., I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Kars.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to simply configure soap - XI - soap scenario.

Do I need to register any technical systems and business systems?

Not required. Simply use business service.

Is this all done through parties?

Not required. Use service without party.

The whole concert of adapters, communication channels, parties and TS/BS is still a bit vague to me.

Search for receiver soap scenarios on sdn. For your case, the configuration is direct one only. The only difference would be the type of communication channel would be soap.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a short explanation is:

Partner:

In a B2B scenario (sender or receiver is outside of your company) you define the participant from outside as a partner.

In A2A you don't need to work with partners.

Technical System, Business System, Business Service:

Some of your system should be registered in your SLD as technical systems (at least the SAP systems). For a technical system you need to define a Business System (what is a logical reprentation of a technical system).

If you design an Integration Scenario in PI you define your sender and receiver as Business System (which is imported from SLD). If no Business System exists you can create a Business Service.

More information could be found here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/37/455d6993cd7646ac33674b162ab2a6/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick