cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:Adobe Flex Application in NWDS 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to create a Flex Application in NWDS 7.0.I tried to add Adobe Flex plugin to NWDS.It ended up with some warning.Still I am not finding any option to create flex project.

My question is Flex plug-in works only with 7.1.Or can I really create flex project using NWDS 7.0.If yes what is the plug-in version should i use?

Thanks

Akshaya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz have a look at the below thread

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshaya,

you can download Adobe Flex builder here: [http://www.adobe.com/flex|http://www.adobe.com/flex], Flex plugin inside NWDS is currently not supported.

If you want to use Adobe Flash Island for Web Dynpro Java, you have to go for CE 7.11.

kind regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Then you mean we cant develop Flex applications using NWDS.Then how can we integrate flex application in portal 7.0.

I need your suggestions for the same.

Regards

Akshaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It doesnt mean that you cant create flex applications using NWDS. To create flex applications what you need is either Flex builder from adobe which is build on eclipse or else you can download the plugin which needs an eclipse based IDE. As NWDS is based on the Eclipse you can create flex applications, but you need to make sure the core of eclipse which is needed is the one which you have as part of your NWDS.

Flash Islands is a way to integrate your flex applications to Webdynpro.

If you want to integrate them to portal in 7.0 if you have a page that contains the flex application you can go ahead and create URL iviews.

Hope its clear.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyappa,

As I mentioned , I tried to add Adobe flex plugin 3.0 to NWDS.It came up with an error saying "Supported version of eclipse not found".

So I installed the eclipse 3.2 and added flex plug in to this eclipse,created the flex project .

Added this project structure to the web module project in NWDS and packed it to Application Module project and deployed it to the portal.

Created an URL iveiw in the portal.This is the way I am trying to integrate flex applications in portal.

To integrate flash Islands in WebDynpro,I need NWDS7.1. But I am working on NWDS 7.0.

Can I deploy the applications developed using NWDS 7.1 into Portal 7.0.Will that be compatible ?????

I need suggestion on the same.Is there any other way that I can look into.

Regards

Akshaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I deploy the applications developed using NWDS 7.1 into Portal 7.0.Will that be compatible ?????

Its not compatible.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Can I deploy the applications developed using NWDS 7.1 into Portal 7.0.Will that be compatible ?????

>

Check this thread: /message/6701847#6701847 [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshaya,

I tried developing flex applications in Netweaver 7.0 . Its not working becoz its not compatiable.

Install CE 7.1,adobe flex builder 3 in ur system,,,,develop application in flex and web dynpro.Integrtae flex with CE7.1 application.

Ce7.1 has to be deployed in the CE server only and it has its own portal,,wt ever the applications developed ,,it will show in that portal only.

Regards

sushma