cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence of Activities for Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please tell me the best practice for transporting APO DP objects to Production system.

In what order the objects(like Planning area, Process chain, Cubes, DSO, Data sources, Background jobs, Planning Books, DTP, Transformations and various table entries) should be transported.

TIA

Regards

Puneet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best option for you would be to use the manual transport of DP planning areas which will simultaneously release all linked objects of the planing area & book including chars, KF's, Macros, Selection ID's etc. Pls note the following path for that transaction

SPRO-> SAP refernce IMG-> mySAP SCM - Implementation Guide-> Advanced Planning and Optimization -> Supply Chain Planning -> Demand Planning (DP) -> Basic Settings -> Maintain Manual Transport Link for DP/SNP

check out the check boxes under planning area section and other selections.

regards,

Srinidhi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have any backup cubes for your planning area, then you should first release the planning areas. Use the transaction mentioned above. This will also release the relevant chars & KF's. Then you can release your source systems/info cubes/info sources/ etc. You may need to replicate your datasources after transport.

regards,

Srinidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinidhi, I dont think its necessary for the backup cubes to go first and then the planning areas because RSA1 is not aware if the cube is really related to a planning area or is a file upload unless a datasource is built.

However if transport the planning area's first and if there are a few KF's which have semantics 002 (extracted from cube), then it becomes mandatory to release the cube first and then the planning area.

Hence in anyways, the sequence i mentioned above works in any situation.

Please correct me if am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anuradha,

I said the planning areas should be released first before we can transport the backup cubes. You got me otherwise.

regards,

Srinidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

What if the planning area has semantics as 002(extraction from cube) for some keyfigures.

In that case if the cube is not sent first and the planning area is sent first, the request will fail.

Hence it should always be that the cube is sent first and then the planning area.

One thing to take care however is that if you have a export data source (datasrouce generated from planning area) , in that case you need to transport first the cube , then the planning area and then the datasource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sequence of objects that I used for DP objects is as follows:-

Info-objects and infoarea

Infocubes

Datasource

Transformation

DTP

Infopackage

Planning Books, Macros,SBP,TBP,PA

Please let me know in case I am missing any of the objects you are interested in , so that i can ensure its sequence.

Also let me know if this helped you solve your question