cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default value for payment method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any way how to set a default value for payment method for some customer.

I'm in tcode VA01 and for some customer I always use payment method CASH, so I don't want to fill it each time.

Can anyone help how to do this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

thanks a lot, I think that this is the only way how to do it.

D.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Payment method fields

KNB1 - ZWELS = VBKD-ZLSCH

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK,

I understand that this field override customer master data and I don't want to change its functionality.

I only want to set up in Sales Order transaction for some customer default value CASH, but still have visible other possibilities.

Now, this field is empty a and I need to choose CASH from drop down menu.

And the change would be, that from drop down menu would be CASH already choosen(only for specific customer), but stil would be possible to choose other option.

Is this possible somehow?

I really thanks all for your help, I tried all things mentioned here, but still don't have solution.

D.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, dylan.

i wish to verify... you want CASH to appear as default terms of payment for a customer? if correct, then the procedures stated by the others is correct. you enter terms of payment "CASH" (if this was defined beforehand using OBB8) in the Customer Master > Sales Area Data > Billing Tab > terms of payment field. please note that the customer and the sales order types should be assigned the same sales area for the automatic proposal to be effected.

even if the terms of payment CASH has been proposed in the order, you can still choose from the drop down menu or manually enter the appropriate terms to override the default. this can be done either on header or item level.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard sap system will not transfer payment method from customer master to sales order automatically.

You need to use user exit.

userexit_move_field_to_vbkd

program - MV45AFZZ

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

In company data I have on tab "Payment transaction", in section "Automatic Payment transaction", field "Payment Method" set CASH.

But still during VA01 this is not a default.

D.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dylan,

You have maintained the payment terms in Companhy Code data. This is useful when you are booking Customer Invoice thru FI.

But While createing Sales Order, the system takes the payment terns from Customer master records - Sales Area data.

Thus maintain Terms of Payment at Customer Master - Sales Area Data - Billing Document - Terms of payment.

Your problem would definitely get solved...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK,

I checked Customer master -->Company Code Data -->Payment Transaction -->Payment method,

and here I have CASH, but still in VA01 is CASH as payment method not predefined.

I still must choose it from possible entries.

D.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dylan,

Maintain terms of payment here:

Customer Master -> Sales Area Data -> Billing Documents -> Terms of Payments.

Then try creating a Sales Order. You will get the Terms of Payment.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

the payment method field in the sales order is, i believe, intended to override any settings in automatic payment.

for example, if payment method "check" is specified in the automatic payment scheme (and in customer master, you can tick as many choices as you want), you can override this by selecting "cash" (or any alternate specified in customer master) in the sales order.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Completely agree with Mr Jonathan. Tried some test cases, believe its for overriding the settings in customer master.

Rgds,

Anitha J

former_member839993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to XD02>company code data>payment transactions tab>payment method

it is there in company code data. You can use this.

there you have three options 1.Cheque, 2.Cash payment, 3.Bank transfer

you can use to your choice.

regards,

US

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks both for your reply.

I thought, that probably I can set this in master data, but somehow I can't find where.

I can find "Incoterms", "Terms of payment", but not "Payment method".

seems to be strange

D.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Terms of Payment only, you have to maintain the required data. To create a new Payment Term, go to obb8 I believe you require to key in CAD (Cash against Documents) which you can very well create / add in the above tcode.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In Customer master -->Company Code Data -->Payment Transaction -->Payment method.

If it is not available in your Customer master then go to OBD2 and make this field mandatory.

Regards

AA

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

It is advisable to maintain maintain data in Master Records.

In Customer Master Record you can maintain data like Terms of Payment, Incoterms, etc.

All these data would flow into Sales Order. If required you can change the data proposed from Master Records in the Sales Documents.

Thus in your case maintain payment terms in Customer Master record in Sales Area Data & the same would flow automatically while cfreating Sales Order (VA01). So you need to enter CASH everytime.

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whatever you maintain in customer master, that will flow into your sale order automatically and you need not enter manually each and every time.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi