SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data conversion for Equivalency Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to do the conversion for ED. I searched for BAPI and I found this FM: HRIQ_ED_RFC_TRSCPT_ED_EXECUTE which I believe this is the one to upload ED record for student. However, after tried so many times, I still don't know how to use this function module.

Two questions here:

1. Is it the right FM for ED conversion?

2. If #1 answer is yes, please give me a clue how to execute it.

Regards,

Kriengrkai C.

9 REPLIES 9

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kriengrkai, I don't have a lot of experience with ED, but have you tried FM HRIQ_TRANSCRIPT_CREATE in function group HRPIQ00TRANSCRIPTRFC. You can use this function module to create new transcripts.

BAPI_STUDENT_CREATEFROMDATA3 in function group HRPIQ00STUDENTBAPI may also help you to create new student master record.

Hope this helps.

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Diego,

I think FM that you provided is for creating a transcript in Enternal achievements. But what I'm looking for transcripts or certificates which are submitted by the student on paper, which are not stored

in the system (or in EO) but manually maintenance to Equivalency Determination.

Regards,

Kriengkrai

0 Kudos

Kriengkrai,

Why you want to convert ED? As far as I know there is no function module delivered for ED conversion. I will suggest to convert transcript and end result(transfer academic work/qualification).

Prabhat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kriengrkai,

Is there any specific reason why you want to run an ED?Is it because the external transcripts are already in the system and you want to add the equivalent academic work/modules for the students?I think I'll be able to answer you better once you explain the scenario completely.This FM is meant for running ED on student's external transcripts.The student's transcript GUID(stored in table hrp1719) and the student objid are mandatory parameters.You can choose to select the run mode(new,update,rerun)and also choose whether to commit or no.

What error are you getting when using this FM?Again,I would like you to explain your scenario for using this FM.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vikram,

Thank you for your answer. Let me explain my scenario. We have many students tranferred from other universities which students' transcript are submitted by themselves on paper. Our faculties validate those transfer modules. Then administrator will enter to SLCM by using Equivalency Determination. In ED, administrator create a non system-based equivalency by entering

1. Description as transfer university

2. Internal Academic Achievement (our SM)

3. Grade & Credit

I'm using this function because I believe this is the minimum step and data entry rather than using External archievement. Give me a lesson if I was wrong.

Regards,

Kriengkrai

0 Kudos

Dear Kriengkrai,

I believe you want to convert Credits Earned at External Org. (Total) to your own units i.e. Converted Internal Credits (Total).

If yes then you can do it by doing proper assignment of Credit type conversions in Master data in IMG.

Go to IMG>> SLCM>>Master Data in SLCM>>Credits>>et Up Credit Types.

Here you can define your own conversion factor.

Hope it will solve your issue.

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vinod Kumar,

It's not about credit transfer since we will enter it manually into SAP by ED screen. For more details about our scenario, we plan to do manual evaluate student transfer work and key in valid transfer modules in ED screen of each student without reference to any transfer agreements. Once ED has been released, those transfer modules will appear in student academic work.

Regards,

Kriengkrai

0 Kudos

Kriengkrai,

Let me jump in here for a second...

I am not 100% sure what you are asking, but it appears that you want to create some internal academic work for a student with the 'Transfer' flag set? Or am I mis-reading your request?

We do also have a conversion report to load in transfer equivalency rules, but that doesn't sound like what you need.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Sorry, that I have been disappeared for a while. I tried to find other solution but it seems I need to do the conversion for Equivalency Determination and the only one FM I know is HRIQ_ED_RFC_TRSCPT_ED_EXECUTE. Please give me a suggestion how to execute it.

In fact, my customer decides not to maintain External Organization but using Equivalency Determination for each transfer student. Those SM in ED display in academic work with transfer flag and will be used for printing Transcript. That's the reason why I need to conversion those transfer SM with Equivalency Determination. Otherwise, please guide me other solution if I misunderstand anything.

Best regards,

Kriengkrai